Manager of Financial Solutions
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Permanent Full-Time
Industry : Advisory services, Commercial banking
Employer : National Bank
A career as Manager financing solutions in the Commercial & Wealth management 1859 team means working closely with the commercial account managers and several other internal and external partners as a credit expert. This job allows you to have a positive impact on your colleagues and customers thanks to your knowledge of commercial financing.
- Perform high-quality credit analyses in accordance with the standards established by the Credit Centre, and make recommendations
- Structure credit applications (board sheet structuring) by mitigating risks and developing financing scenarios that meet client needs and match the Bank's risk criteria
- Participate in determining client financing needs in collaboration with the Commercial Account Manager
- Negotiate credit terms and conditions with the Credit Risk Management as needed and confirm the availability of financing for the Commercial Account Manager
- Obtain comments from the Account Managers on the preliminary versions of credit applications, adjust them as needed, then present them to the RVP before they are forwarded to the Credit Risk Management to ensure they meet the Bank's requirements for overall client profitability
- Produce documents and update client files in collaboration with account representatives and the Credit Risk Management to ensure credit applications are processed efficiently
- Act as a resource person for your team in handling credit matters and assist, as needed, in addressing team members' skills development in this area.
- Identify the risks inherent to sector activities
Within the Commercial & Wealth Management 1859 sector, you are part of a team of professionals supporting commercial clients. In addition, you are surrounded by an entire ecosystem of experts to help you offer the best possible solutions to customers.
Reporting to the Regional Vice-President, the position is based in Toronto. You have the flexibility to work from home and/or go to the office, but you will also have to travel occasionally for client and team meetings.
Our learning-by-doing training programs enable you to master your job. Access to colleagues with different expertise, experience and profiles will enrich your development in every way.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field and 6 years of relevant experience, OR a master’s degree in a related field and 4 years of relevant experience, OR an undergraduate diploma from the National Bank University Program and 8 years of relevant experience
- Negotiation experience
- Experience in commercial credit
- Experience analyzing financial statements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to effectively collaborate with partners and form well-reasoned recommendations
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic