Manager, National Private Company Support Services
City : MONTRÉAL, Quebec, Canada
Category : Finance | Accounting
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The National Private Company Support Services (NPCSS) supports Royal Trust Corporation of Canada by providing technical expertise, risk management, and advice on private companies held by Royal Trust in a fiduciary capacity. The Manager is responsible for providing technical guidance and accounting support related to private companies. This role requires strong analytical skills, a team-oriented approach and the ability to work independently.
What will you do?
- Act as a subject matter expert and resource for providing corporate and technical guidance to Royal Trust employees on matters involving fiduciary accounts that own shares in private companies.
- Review new business opportunities to identify risk factors by reviewing corporate documentation (financial statements, business valuations, corporate tax returns, etc.).
- Oversee regulatory initiatives pertaining to private companies.
- Review matters related to private companies to ensure compliance with internal policy and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to identify any potential risks to Royal Trust.
Act as subject matter expert and resource for providing corporate and technical guidance to RBC Royal Trust employees on technical matters involving fiduciary or agency accounts that own shares in private companies.
- Assist in the collection, facilitation, and co-ordination of private company related information and documentation, where required, from internal partners and external advisors.
- Assist Senior Manager, NPCSS with the review and analysis of business valuation, post-mortem planning and other corporate documentation (financial statements, corporate tax returns, etc.) for business acceptance and other ongoing administration requirements, as required
- Assist and/or oversee regulatory initiatives pertaining to private companies
- Reviews private companies to ensure compliance with internal policy and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to identify any potential risks for the business.
What do you need to succeed?
- University degree or equivalent
- CPA designation
- Strong working knowledge of corporate taxation
- Knowledge of accounting theories, principles, auditing techniques and standards
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Bilingualism (English and French) required, as you will regularly do business with partners across Canada
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater responsibilities
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.