About KPMG International and the Global Resource Centre
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 154 countries and territories and have 200,000 people working in member firms around the world and with FY17 revenues at more than $26.4 B.
KPMG International, a matrix organization, works at the global level and sets strategy, ensures global consistency and provides expertise to support member firms in the achievement of their business and Employer of Choice objectives. Many resources to support Global have been centralized at the Global Resource Centre (GRC) in Toronto. The GRC provides Global Marketing & Communications, Learning & Development, Procurement, Risk, Finance and IT.
The Manager, Learning Technology reports to the Senior Manager, Global Learning Technologies and plays a pivotal role in managing and supporting various learning technologies, including the Global Learning Management System (GLMS) and primarily the Virtual Classroom (VC) application (Adobe Connect) The Manager, Learning Technologies will be responsible for liaising with our external VC hosting and support vendor to ensure the VCs operate and are supported as designed, including reporting needs, uptime and integrations with various internal learning technologies (GLMS, VCRC, etc.).
The Manager, Learning Technology may also provide technology knowledge support to the Global L&D team as well as member firms. This may include researching supporting tools, and researching, testing and supporting digital learning strategies such as mobile technology and gamification.
Scope of the Role
Digital Learning Content Development and Deployment
- Engages with our external Virtual Classroom (VC) hosting and support provider to ensure the vendor is adhering to the established SLAs around uptime, concurrent users, reporting and other services provided.
- Engages with our Virtual Classroom Resource Centre (VCRC) support vendor to ensure the vendor is adhering to the established SLAs around uptime, concurrent users, reporting and other services provided.
- Internal contact and escalation point for VC (and VCRC) related issues (liaises with internal stakeholders and hosting provider).
- Provides technical expertise and corresponding recommendations around best practices/processes regarding various VC integrations and reporting requirements.
- Coordinates Information Technology Services (ITS) and vendor upgrades by coordinating and engaging existing technical support team, external vendor and business stakeholders as required.
- Ensures all points of contact (local ITS, global ITS, GPTS, GLD ops, etc.) for various learning technologies support are connected and updated as/when required.
- Provides technical and general troubleshooting support and resolution as required.
- Maintains ongoing, productive relationships with:
- Global L&D team
- Global L&D Centres of Excellence
- Local and Global ITS
- Offshore People Technology support team
- Regional and member firm L&D leaders/teams
- Performance Solutions Group
The ideal candidate is a University graduate with experience in Learning Technologies, with a strong focus on Learning Management System administration and support.
The incumbent must have experience in:
- Integrating web conferencing applications with various learning technologies, specifically Learning Management Systems (experience with Adobe Connect, SAP SuccessFactors and SABA is preferred)
- Extensive experience with Adobe Connect and various Learning Management System(s) (desktop and mobile).
- Team player with excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented and analytical.
- Ability to work with technology and learn new software.
Ideally, incumbent should have experience in:
- Completion of University degree
- Experience using Articulate Storyline, Adobe Connect, Captivate and Camtasia.
- Learning Management Systems (preferably SAP SuccessFactors)
- Vendor management as it relates to issue tracking and resolution
- Experience working in professional environment.
Ideally, the incumbent should also demonstrate the following KPMG Global Behaviours:
- Delivers exceptional client experiences
- Seeks insights and perspectives
- Works collaboratively
- Takes ownership of development
- Maintains drive and resilience
- Organizes and structures work
- Understands the broader context
- Displays confidence and passion
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch this video to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG.