Manager- Learning Solutions
City : Canada
Category : P&S- Program Development
Industry : Civil and Social Organizations
Employer : Canadian Red Cross
Title: Manager- Learning Solutions - Prevention and Safety
Employee Working Location: Remote/Virtual (Canada)
Employment status: Permanent Full-Time
Salary band: $70,895- 90,340 / year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2024 - is seeking a Manager- Learning Solutions, Prevention and Safety to join our team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will work in collaboration directly to the Senior Director – Prevention & Safety, the Manager- Learning Solutions provides leadership to Prevention & Safety's Learning Solutions team. The Manager is responsible and accountable for ensuring the outputs of the learning solutions group are aligned with Red Cross’s learning philosophy, enhance education efficiency, and contribute to increased survival outcomes. This role will guide the program’s curriculum and product design efforts through equitable pedagogical practices and a design thinking lens, resulting in work processes and technology solutions that accomplish positive, differentiated experiences for target audiences. This role will also represent the work of the Red Cross through publishing original research and engaging other National Societies, government, and industry partners.
In this role you will:
- Lead and supervise a hybrid (volunteer and staff) learning solutions team, coaching members in fulfilling their accountabilities, developing their skills, and achieving their potential, ensuring optimal deployment of resources to achieve business goals
- Through expertise as an educational specialist, creates and implements world-class, scalable learning solutions across a large-scale learning system with diverse learner audiences, locations, and delivery models (including product/content approval, program decision-making, and asset management)
- Develop the organization’s capacity to innovate and select its purpose(s), including transforming teaching and learning practices and strengthening CRCs’ learning culture.
- Represent the work of CRC with stakeholders (ex: internal/external partners, other National Societies, other training agencies, community groups, special interest groups, etc.) to ensure effective participation and ongoing engagement.
Participate in professional associations, working groups, and projects that influence our industry (ex: SAC staff membership, GFARC staff membership, IJFAE membership, etc.).
- Support regulatory relationships and the Quality Assurance team by offering learning subject matter expertise.
- Leads CRCs’ learning measurement strategy, ensuring the performance of learning interventions (ex: identification of KPIs, development of measurement tools, prototypes of learning solutions, analysis, and reporting).
- Contribute to the global Prevention & Safety evidence base through publishing and collaboration with research partners (ex: other National Societies, Survival Behaviour Lab, etc.)
What we are looking for:
- Completion of degree in education with 5-7 years of program and product development, learning design, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A master’s in education or related graduate studies would be an asset
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Expert knowledge of instructor-led, peer-led, and self-directed learning principles – applicable to virtual and in-person learning contexts.
- Demonstrated experience in program design and development - including framework mapping, development of learning objectives, and product development.
- Ability to create custom learning interventions to meet the needs of unique communities/learner profiles.
- Understanding of Prevention & Safety programs, standards, and strategic vision.
- The majority of the work is performed in an environment which is mostly clean and comfortable.
- Travel will be required.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible - those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.