Manager, KYC Onboarding
City : HALIFAX, Nova Scotia, Canada
Category : Operations
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
Do you consider yourself as a self-starter with willingness to take on multiple initiatives while developing leadership skills? As a Manager, KYC Onboarding you will utilize your excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills and coaching experience to provide cross-jurisdictional Know Your Client (KYC) onboarding team support for RBC Capital Markets. You will liaise with internal stakeholders to gather client due diligence (CDD) documentation and proactively identify high risk factors which require enhance due diligence (EDD) assessments. In this role you will provide guidance and leadership to the KYC Analyst team, work on urgent requests, encourage productivity and respond to escalations.
What will you do?
• Manage a team of KYC Onboarding Analysts to ensure the execution of the onboarding activities are completed in accordance to policy requirements and business deadlines
• Support the VP, KYC Onboarding to implement strategic initiatives and enhance the operational effectiveness of the KYC team
• Act as a first point of escalation for internal stakeholders to respond to inquiries
• Build relationships with stakeholders and act as team ambassador
• Participate in team metrics by completing KYC onboarding cases, address reconciliation of internal control reports and offer subject matter expertise for regional KYC projects and initiatives
• Communicate procedural updates to the team and provide ongoing training to maintain high competency and knowledge awareness
• Maintain, assign and prioritize pipeline queue of team assignments
• Perform quality check reviews of KYC Analyst team to identify risk, internal control and quality deficiencies through coaching routines
• Identify risks and escalate deviations from procedures to senior management while providing innovative ideas to address systemic issues
• Track and report team productivity metrics for key stakeholders and senior management
• Respond to regulatory queries from internal compliance teams
• Problem solve quickly and adapt well to changing deadlines
What do you need to succeed?
• Minimum 5 years of recent KYC/AML experience with a financial institution
• Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or other relevant field
• In-depth knowledge of global Regulatory requirements (IIROC/New SRO, OSFI, PCMLTFR, FINTRAC, FINRA, FCA, SEC, NFA, FCA etc.) and/or experience working with regulatory or rule based environments
• Familiarity with Capital Markets products, trade systems and business lines
• Motivation to change operational routines to optimize efficiency
• Produce weekly metric reporting on team performance and drive initiatives to improve quality
• Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Outlook and other productivity and collaboration tools
• Advanced knowledge of KYC tools such as Fenergo, Encompass, BankCheck and WorldCheck
• Client first mentality with the foresight to drive results and improve operational effectiveness
• Creative thinker with problem solving skills
• Very good organizational skills and strong time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to coach team and have a desire to build leadership skills
• Calm presence in a fast paced environment to resonate and motivate team
• Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) designation
• Previous Capital Markets work experience or understanding of investment banking products
• Operations or Technology degree, background, or experience
• Previous management or coaching experience
• Secondary language skills in French (written and oral)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
• A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
• Opportunities to do challenging work
• Opportunities to build close relationships with clients
• Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.