Manager, IT Internal Audit
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Audit | Compliance | Legal | Risk
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the Opportunity?
Manager IT Internal Audit is a curious, dynamic, adaptable, solution-oriented team player and self-starter. You will be part of a global Internal Audit team with the mandate to assess and challenge risk management practices, internal controls and corporate governance processes across Technology & Operations and Lines of Businesses in RBC. From this unique position, you will gain exposure to RBC products, services, businesses, and platforms to become a subject matter expert, be challenged to implement creative audit techniques and expected to utilize data analytics to provide business insights.
RBC Internal Audit leverages a unique perspective— with a coordinated view across the entire business—to deliver valuable advice that not only gives assurance, but that illuminates a bigger picture, connects dots, builds best practices and broadens possibilities. We connect intelligence to protect and enable RBC.
What will you do?
- Contribute to execution of assurance engagements in the annual plan and formally document audit evidence, in accordance with Internal Audit guidelines.
- Assess effectiveness of internal controls, risk management practices and governance processes in order to draw conclusions to complete the audit programs.
- Develop and draft recommendations relating to audit program conclusions, to the Senior Manager, Internal Audit.
- Respond to stakeholder needs quickly and efficiently and build trusting relationships with Internal Audit peers.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and execution of strategic initiatives; with a focus on enhancing continuous assurance and risk monitoring program through the use of data-analytics and automation of technology and cybersecurity control testing.
- Execute basic analyses (e.g. descriptive); discover patterns, insights, trends and anomalies from straightforward analyses, data sets and visualization tools, create simple visualization using standard tools.
- Assume personal responsibility for specific, straightforward components of larger projects (audits) and take responsibility to develop own personal and professional leadership skills and capabilities.
What do you need to succeed?
- 3-6 years of technology audit experience (execution) in a non-leadership role [OR] 3-6 years of technology experience in a financial institution or technology company.
- Experience in analyzing information including its context and using professional judgement to draw the correct conclusions. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office – Intermediate / Advanced level.
- Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities and multi-task efficiently without sacrificing work quality.
- Experience in resolving differences of opinion as demonstrated through use of challenge.
- Undergraduate degree in business, computer science or a related area.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of the Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) and NIST Cyber Security Framework (CSF)
- Ability to learn and evaluate risk management of new and emerging technologies and processes.
- Leads by example. Experienced coach, team captain, and/or mentor in personal or work environment.
- Working towards, or is interested in pursuing, the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits and competitive compensation.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to do challenging work and to be immersed in new technologies being leveraged by the bank.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.