Manager, Internal Control, Third Party Risk
City : New York City, NY, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 192510
Salary Range: 85,700.00 - 159,100.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) is a leading Canadian Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a growing platform in the US and Latin America, operating globally for over 100 years. Scotiabank’s strong U.S. presence provides our clients an important bridge to this key global market for trade and investment flows across the Americas and the world.
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Be part of an innovative, Global Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a unique geographic footprint that puts capital to work for our clients across industries! We work together to drive ambition for every future!
Contributes to the overall success of Internal Control, Third Party Risk for the U.S. legal entities ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
What You’ll Do
- Assists in providing effective management of our third-party relationships and all aspects of the vendor & service management lifecycle, including:
- Third party service due diligence & risk assessments (onboarding and re-assessments)
- Working closely with Control Functions to ensure reviews are done timely
- Onboarding, Offboarding and Contract Renewal support for third-party vendors
- Ongoing performance monitoring
- Maintain an ongoing and proactive business relationship with internal Contract Owners and the Bank’s third-party vendors
- Respond to requests from both internal and external stakeholders for information and documentation on our third party relationships
- Maintain a high level of awareness of related changes and developments in Third Party Risk through the review of publications, seminars, employee training, etc., and develop and enhance policies, procedures and internal controls
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations
- Partners with business units, operations, technology, risk management and other stakeholders to understand the business environment, evolving business priorities, and obtain key data and information
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years’ experience in Third Party Risk Management
- Very good project management skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and written/oral communication skills
If your experience is closely related but doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we do encourage you to apply - you might be the right candidate for this or other roles at Scotiabank!
At Scotiabank, every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are and, embraced for their differences. That’s why we work to grow and diversify talent and engage employees in a performance-oriented culture.
What's in it for you?
Scotiabank wants you to be able to bring your best self to work – and life, every day. With a focus on holistic well-being, our many flexible benefit programs are designed to help support your unique family, financial, physical, mental, and social health needs.
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.