Manager, Global Finance Testing
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Customer Service Representative
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 174865
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Manager, Global Finance Testing will be responsible for performing testing and monitoring activities to assess the design and operating effectiveness of Global Finance processes and programs. While ensuring that activities performed by Finance units comply with governing regulations, internal policies and guidelines, the incumbent will also contribute to the overall success of Global Finance by identifying control weaknesses and making recommendations to improve or enhance current processes and controls.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Lead and perform end-to-end planning, execution, and reporting of assigned first line Global Finance testing engagements, with the objective of evaluating the design and operational effectiveness of regulatory, compliance, and/or operational controls.
- Develops and executed appropriate testing procedures, the nature and extent of which adequately and sufficiently support engagement scope, objectives and deliverables.
- Document testing activities and results within testing workpapers in a manner which adequately support test results and conclusions.
- Analyze test results and prepare testing engagement reports to highlight test results and internal control weaknesses to key stakeholders, within established timelines.
- Perform validation testing of open testing issues to ensure timely implementation of effective remediation plans to support issue closure.
- Create and manage accurate and timely status updates and dashboards for senior management. Analyze data to identify trends and provide insights for annual test planning and for senior management. Continuously monitor and improve report and dashboard quality and relevance.
- Understand and apply the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values and its Code of Conduct while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Finance, Accounting, or similar discipline
- CA/CPA designation or other relevant professional designations considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: Audit, Testing, Internal Controls, Financial Reporting and/or FI Regulatory Reporting.
- Highly skilled in audit, internal control testing, monitoring and/or risk management methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to prepare reporting, communications, and to interact effectively with stakeholder and management at various levels
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills to manage multiple and concurrent deliverables effectively and efficiently without compromising quality
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to perform quantitative and qualitative testing, analysis, and reporting activities
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
What’s in it for you?
- An inclusive & collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We offer a competitive rewards package: Performance bonus, Employee Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching, Health Benefits from day one!
- Your career matters! You will have access to career development and progression opportunities.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.