Manager, Global Finance Reporting
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Customer Service Representative
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 192505
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
- Primary Manager: Senior Manager, Financial Reporting (GWM)
- Direct Reports: up to 1 Sr. Financial Analyst
Global Finance - Reporting, is a finance function providing financial management and analytical support to Executive Management. The Global Finance team supports Canadian Banking, Global Wealth Management, Global Banking and Markets, International Banking, Group Treasury and Executive Office business units. The Manager will be a member of the Global Finance Reporting team reporting to a Senior Manager. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for the financial reporting and analysis of monthly and quarterly results for the Canadian Banking and Global Wealth Management business lines. The incumbent will also be involved in the production of various quarterly reports for executive management by highlighting significant trends, product and market developments and economic factors that impact performance.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Manage the delivery of monthly and quarterly financials (P&L and Balance Sheet) on a timely basis while ensuring data accuracy and completeness.
- Manage the monthly and quarterly reasonability of both statutory and business line financial results by ensuring the timely identification and resolution of all material issues. Maintain and implement new controls where needed.
- Manage the monthly processing of EGL entries by ensuring their accuracy and completeness. All entries must be processed within strict monthly timetables.
- Communicate and resolve accounting and reporting issues with business units and management.
- Coordinate and manage the periodic update of business line rules required to produce business line results.
- Liaise closely with business line Finance partners to maintain knowledge of emerging business line issues that impact various business lines and to effectively resolve them.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Participate in initiatives that enhance team and department effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Maintain and develop strong controls over operational and analytical processes and seek improvements that contribute to efficiency and effectiveness.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Post-secondary degree in Finance or Accounting. A professional accounting designation is preferred.
- Detailed-oriented, Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and to produce accurate and complete information under tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Proficient knowledge of PeopleSoft EGL, OBI, Excel, Power Point and Adobe
What’s in it for you?
- An inclusive & collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We offer a competitive rewards package: Performance bonus, Employee Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching, Health Benefits from day one!
- Your career matters! You will have access to career development and progression opportunities.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.