Manager, Global AP&P, DHQ
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Customer Service Representative
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 167927
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
- Contribute to the overall success of Accounting Policy and Procedures Group. The incumbent implements Hedging Strategies under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) to ensure the Bank qualify eligible derivatives for hedge accounting treatment, thus immunizing any volatility in the Bank earnings and add value to the business lines. The Opportunity: to gain experience with systems and technical accounting knowledge in variety of Bank’s financial products, valuations & analysis and reporting. Can enjoy working with with business partners globally and manage variety of projects for systems developments and operational process improvements. This dynamic team adopts a hybrid model by working from the office and remotely.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Collaborate daily with front office and other business lines with their hedging requests. Review eligibility, identify the associated strategy or set up new strategies, book tickets for hedging purpose and complete designation process in Hedge Accounting and Qualification System.
- Ongoing monitoring of hedging relationships to ensure they continue to meet the requirements for hedge qualification and have high effectiveness
- Ensure all instruments in hedging relationships are active and the cash flows pools of portfolio are adequate
- Manage tight month end close by reconciling, analyzing, and communicating the hedge accounting results for various hedging units to Group Treasury and other business partners.
- Prepare information for the quarterly and annual financial disclosure. Also provide support for ad-hoc analysis, and financial reporting.
- Coordinate various group initiatives/projects, such as implementation of new accounting standards/requirements, or various automation projects.
- Assist with internal and external audits by preparing support documents requested
- Remain current with emerging industry best practices for hedge qualification through research, and critical reading of articles issued by regulatory bodies and industry associations.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Self-driven, analytical, and collaborative; Strong problem-solving, time-management and communication skills are required.
- Solid knowledge of finance and financial products including various derivatives.
- Post-secondary degree in Finance/Accounting/business with a minimum of two years industry experiences. An accounting designation (CPA) or working towards designation is asset. A CFA designation is desirable.
- Knowledge of Peak or other trading systems, PeopleSoft EGL, OBI, Excel, Power Point;
What's in it for you:
- An inclusive & collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We offer a competitive rewards package: Performance bonus, Employee Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching, Health Benefits from day one!
- Your career matters! You will have access to career development and progression opportunities.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.