Manager, Genesis Sales Operations
City : Markham, ON
Category : Manager
Industry : Automotive
Employer : Hyundai Canada
Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. is headquartered in Markham, Ontario and is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company of Korea. Hyundai markets a full line-up of vehicles in this country – from subcompact to premium sedans to sport utility and crossovers – and is committed to providing world-class, well-engineered products paired with a customer shopping and ownership experience that exceed expectations.
When Hyundai entered the Canadian market in 1983, it was the company’s first overseas subsidiary. Since that time, it has grown into one of the best selling automotive brands in Canada. Hyundai’s success can be attributed to the quality, safety, and design of its vehicles, which is reflected in numerous, high-profile awards they have recently won.
This position will be responsible to identify industry trends, analyze performance and determine opportunities and risks within the market in order to ensure the most effective sales and inventory strategies are implemented. The position will oversee the development and assessment of tools to monitor key KPI’s, provide continuous feedback to Senior Management based on analysis and market intelligence, provide strategic recommendations and communications on retail programs, sales and production plans to achieve internal objectives and implement approved programs.
Incentive Program Strategy and Operations
· Oversee the tracking and reporting of competitors’ sales programs and price positioning on a continuous basis to guide the development of competitive Genesis sales programs
· Keep abreast of product lifecycle developments to understand market dynamics, risks and opportunities for Genesis
· Chair regular meetings with key stakeholders to obtain input on strategy development
· Lead the development of monthly incentive and promotional programs with aim of achieving monthly volume targets
· Forecast program costs and monitor incentive spending levels to ensure adherence to budgeting guidelines
· Work closely with Hyundai incentive team on overall incentive planning forecasts and implementation
· Work closely with marketing department on development of retail advertising strategies and programs
· Ensure effective and timely communication of promotional/incentive programs to the distributor network
· Work closely with internal stakeholders to implement new programs on digital platforms
Sales Planning and Distribution
· Monitor inventory by model and trim and make sales strategy recommendations to minimize aged inventory and ensure smooth model year transitions
· Develop and provide the regional operations team with the necessary sales planning metrics and tools to maximize retail performance in each region
· Lead development of Ad Hoc studies and analysis related to industry sales, model/brand performance, sales achievement, competitor performance, operational planning and forecasting
· Liaise with Genesis HQ on monthly/annual production plan and future forecasts.
· Oversee the development of monthly production orders with aim to maximize sales performance and profitability
· Oversee vehicle allocation process across the distributor network
· Oversee the vehicle logistics operations working closely third party logistics provide (Glovis) to improve efficiency of vehicle deliveries
· Manage the Genesis vehicle carflow to optimize sales plan strategy and guide the wider organization in terms of volume planning.
· Provide guidance and leadership to one direct report, assessing and managing performance and coaching/development for long term success.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
· Project management experience working under tight deadlines
· Performs well under pressure.
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to learn on the fly and manage complex mathematical calculations
· Strategic mindset and ability to design future planning
· Proven track record for driving for results
· Customer focused approach
· Works well in a team environment
· Experience working cross-functionally with other departments
· Strong communication skills both written and oral and comfort presenting to Executives
· French oral and written skills preferred but not mandatory
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· 7-10 years relevant experience in the same or similar position
· In-depth knowledge of the Canadian automotive sector
· Experience with SAP or other enterprise software to manage business operations
· Advanced Excel skills required for complex data analysis.
· Experience in a demand or production planning capacity
· Sales and/or Budget forecasting experience
· Previous supervisory experience preferred
· Experience with Field Operations preferred
· Completion of undergraduate degree in Business, Economics or equivalent combination of education and experience
· MBA is an asset
Why Join Our Team?
Our award-winning culture has been recognized through our Great Place to Work™ certification for the past 6 years. We have been able to achieve this not only thanks to the dedication and commitment of our team members to our business, but also through a variety of fun activities and opportunities throughout the year which allow us to build strong engagement! When you join Hyundai Auto Canada Corp., you will become part of an organization that promotes diversity, inclusion and overall well-being. We offer an excellent benefits package including RSP matching, flexible start times, maternity leave top up, an attractive vehicle-lease program, demo vehicles for Managers and education support.
The first round of candidates will be reviewed on or before June 26, 2023.
We are committed to providing employees with an experience that will help them grow and develop professionally. Ideal candidates are self-starters, team players and thrive in a dynamic environment. If you are looking to build your career with a growing organization where you can use your knowledge, skills and talents, consider joining our team.
Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and their accessibility requirements. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will take all reasonable steps required to meet your accessibility requirements.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only candidates selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted.