Manager Financing Solutions Private Banking 1859
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Permanent Full-Time
Industry : Advisory services, Commercial banking
Employer : National Bank
A career as Director of Financing Solutions in the 1859 Private Banking team at National Bank means working closely with senior private bankers and many other internal and external partners as a credit expert. In this role, you will play a key role in the strategic growth of Private Banking 1859. Your tasks, as varied as they are complex, will enable you to quickly become a trusted advisor to the high-net-worth bankers and clients in our sector.
** The role could be based in Montreal or Quebec city depending on the candidate selected.
- In conjunction with Senior Private Bankers and Managers, act as credit expert for business development with ultra high net worth clients in a mandate for Eastern Canada.
- Structure credit demand (agenda setting) by mitigating risk and developing financing scenarios that meet customer needs and correspond to the Bank's risk criteria.
- Promote complex credit capabilities by developing and delivering presentations to customers and prospects as well as to internal and external partners (COI).
- Actively participate in the various stages of complex transactions: from initial communication with customers (as required), to the analysis, implementation and renewal of credit facilities.
- Carry out sensitive and highly complex credit analyses, with rigor, creativity and agility, that meet customer needs and correspond to the Bank's risk criteria.
- Participate in the negotiation of terms and conditions with customers, the credit approval center and/or directly with the Vice President Credit Risk.
- If necessary, consult the required experts (internal or external) for in-depth analysis and/or aspects of legal documentation.
- Actively support the Senior Manager in the continuous improvement of our GP1859 service offering
Working in the Private Banking1859 sector, you are part of a team of 7 colleagues and report to Senior Manager, Financing Solutions.
Basic requirements :
- Completed Bachelor's degree, industry-related, and seven years' relevant experience or completed Master's degree and five years' relevant experience
- Experience in commercial and retail lending
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing and analytical skills
- Extensive experience in financial analysis
- Ability to understand the needs of high-end customers
- Experience in negotiation, sales and advisory services
- Knowledge of business law or complex financing structures a desirable asset
- Ability to innovate and work under pressure
- Very good knowledge of MS Office suite
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Opportunities to get involved in community initiatives
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic