Manager, Financial Operations
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 8121OP-Finance - Operations
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
- Completion of a CPA professional accounting designation and a member in good standing with CPA Canada.
- Minimum of five years demonstrated management experience with a proven track record of effective leadership, team management, and change management resulting in improvements to service quality, staff productivity and systems efficiency.
- Minimum of seven years of related experience in general accounting.
- Experience in developing and maintaining systems in an integrated computerized, decentralized system.
- Experience in a unionized environment is desirable.
- Experience in post-secondary accounting/finance is an asset.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels, customers, vendors, suppliers, as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a management team.
- Proven ability to exercise tact and diplomacy, confidentiality, and conflict resolution skills.
- Have an understanding of and respect for the diverse values and culture of a university environment.
- Intercampus travel is required. Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is preferred.
- Intercampus travel is required, possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is preferred however we do have on campus shuttles
Why Join KPU?
- Recognized as one of B.C.'s Top Employers
- KPU is committed to actively fostering an equitable and inclusive working environment
- Competitive compensation
- Hybrid environment, flexible work around core hours
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan - College
- Extended Medical, Dental, Healthcare Spending Account, Sick Leave, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Optional Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Emergency Travel Assistance, Employee and Family Assistance Program, Teledoc
- Professional Development Days: up to 10 days paid per year
- Maternity and parental leave top-up
- Generous vacation package
- Campus work environment, cafeteria, outdoor sitting areas and nearby walking trails
- Campus athletic and fitness centers with a variety of instructor-led classes
- Tuition waiver program – eligible to waive tuition costs of courses at KPU equivalent to 3 credits per semester
- Inhouse training and development
- Networking and social events such as KPU Day, Holiday Social etc.
- Intercampus shuttle
- Access to automotive, horticulture, brewery and other programs’ services
- Clubs: Jeopardy, Toastmasters, E-sports, Ted Talks etc.
- Library and Bookstore (discounts)
Click here for a more detailed job description
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.