Manager, Field Support
City : Toronto
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks. At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers. Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
As a Manager Field Support for NQ RAN you will focus on improving Network Quality and Customer Experience. Managing day to day RF field testing activities and seek improvement. Work with various department for Freedom Mobile for testing and Reporting of new feature/functionality on expected behavior. Handling internal and external escalations related to Network and providing feedback in timely manner.
A typical day
Resolution and Recommendation for network related technical issues related to 5G/LTE/3G. Enhance Inter Technology features to improve customer experience. To certify the acceptance of Sites/SC's/Cluster/Market Verification before Commercial launch. Provide feedback on design changes where applicable. Behavior feedback on Field Support Issues related to Network Testing, Benchmark and post processing. Customer Experience check for new markets, Network expansions and complaints. Identifying Network Weaknesses & Opportunities for improvement. Pre and Post feature testing feedback and reporting. Setting Actions/recommendations and coordinate with different teams, vendors to identify and resolve Network problems. Department Vendor Management & Budget Control. Develop and maintain the expected network performance metrics that will be used to evaluate the Network Quality Setup goals and motivate team to have optimum performance. Following up periodic measurements campaigns, highlighting major conclusions for engineering teams to study.
• 8-10 years experience in RF engineering and performance monitoring.
• Experience with 3G/LTE/5G network operations for a mobile operator.
• Experience with a new mobile operator is an asset.
• Experience with radio network related tasks, including managing network performance processes and reporting.
• University degree in Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science, or similar, or equivalent experience.
• Strong knowledge of Radio Access Networks 3G/LTE/5G.
• Strong knowledge of 3GPP standards related to RAN.
• Good knowledge of RF design and engineering tools.
• Good knowledge of the Canadian wireless market.
• Good teamwork & interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate leadership, be innovative and easily share knowledge.
• Strong organizational, communication and problem-solving skills and attention to detail and quality.
• Ability to work under pressure with multiple deliverables in parallel.
• Fluent in English
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check
At Shaw, we believe diversity and inclusion are integral to the continued growth and success of our entire company. We believe diversity and inclusion enhances our Company’s culture and creates a sense of belonging where people feel comfortable bringing their true selves to work. This in turn promotes innovation through harnessing the variety of experiences, thoughts, and perspectives our employees have to offer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, age, or any other identifying characteristic.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.