Manager, Exposure Management
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Credit Risk
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
We are committed to connecting Canadians through unique partnerships, our world-class network and content Canadians love—and our innovative team is growing. We are looking for dedicated team members to join our Corporate team who have a genuine passion for making positive impacts on customers and the communities where we live and work. We have a variety of business units with exciting and meaningful work waiting for you, including Communications, HR, Legal and Corporate Affairs, Supply Chain, Finance, and Real Estate. If you are considering your next step, we have exciting opportunities waiting for you. Come build a rewarding career at Rogers and be a driving force behind our success story!
Our Rogers Bank Credit Risk team is growing and is looking for like-minded thinkers who are passionate about telling stories through numbers to help take our investments in innovation to the next step. We are also committed to the growth and development of their team members and offer a challenging work environment with fulfilling results to help balance both financial and business acumen.
Credit Risk is looking for a dynamic, influential, and results-driven individual to be our new Manager, Exposure Management. This is a unique opportunity for individuals to leverage both an analytical skillset but also act cross functionally with internal partners in Operations and external vendors. The successful candidate will provide thought leadership and conduct analytics to improve the efficiency of our strategy and own the execution of the strategy in TRIAD through to downstream systems and partners.
What you'll be doing:
• Lead the development, implementation, and monitoring of limit increase and limit decrease strategies to maximize risk-adjusted return, maintain loan losses within risk appetite and operate efficiently through the various fulfillment channels.
• In addition to strategies addressing the broader portfolio, this role will be responsible to create early lifecycle management on new/growing segments – specifically newcomers and students.
• Together with Underwriting and Call Center, ensure appropriate policy is in place for manual underwriting and establish controls to ensure adherence to policy and timely decision making.
• Work closely with risk modeling to develop segmentations, new models or early warning triggers to enhance the exposure management strategies and optimize risk-adjusted return.
• Introduce changes under a test/control framework to drive incremental improvement.
• Engage with finance and capacity planning teams to align on forecasting fiscal budget
What you'll bring to the role:
• Post-secondary degree in Finance, Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative field
• 3-5 years experience developing Credit Risk strategies for a financial institution; experience in credit cards and consumer finance preferred.
• Data analysis skills must include 2+ years of experience using statistical programs such as SAS, Python, R, Knowledge Studio, or similar
• Working level of decision software ie. FICO Triad or Experian Power Curve. Optimization software experience an asset.
• Results driven individual with high level of curiosity and ability to dive into details without losing sight of the big picture
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and presentation skills
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Banking & Credit Risk
Requisition ID: 301098
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Corporate