Manager, Experiential Marketing
City : Brampton, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Marketing
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
This role is responsible for the oversight and execution of experiential programs to support the growth of Loblaw’s control brands, national brands and various banners (including Shoppers Drug Mart) through activations, sponsorships, sampling programs, Grand Openings, trade shows, conferences etc.
- Collaborating with other members of the Marketing team, develop and execute marketing programs and activations to support the growth of Loblaw’s control brands, banner brands and national brand businesses
- Accountable for management of agencies, budget and project management from an enterprise level
- Leads and guides internal stakeholders, agency partners and vendors through strategic development and tactical implementation of marketing initiatives.
- Support and cultivate relationships and capabilities with multiple agencies to drive best in class, innovative field and experiential marketing strategies and programs
- Working with internal stakeholders, to develop and execute flawless in-store programs and onsite activations (both in and out of store)
- Continuous measurement of programs, activation and in-store programs in order to recognize opportunities and improvements that have a positive effect on the enterprise
- Working with internal subject matter experts and external agency partners to strategize, develop and execute communication and activation programs to support national marketing initiatives
- Working with category management teams and product developers, developing and executing marketing strategies to support sales growth of key product categories
- Evaluate key learning’s from previous programs to build stronger activations and programs
- Establish and maintain budgets for the aforementioned marketing activities. Develop creative solutions to save costs and resources
- Liaise between creative /production teams and internal teams to ensure creative adheres to all marketing and trademark rules, aligns with overall strategy and objectives
- Actively monitor all projects, from conceptual development to creative design and specification to post analysis ensuring strategic alignment, completeness and accuracy
- Promotes and nurtures organic growth with internal and agency relationships
- University or college degree in business, marketing or an equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job
- 5-8+ years of relevant work experience in retailing, advertising, marketing or merchandising environment
- Occasional travel to various offices and events (15-20%)
- Experience managing agency teams and cross-functional partners
- Able to multi-task with strong project and time management skills with the ability to prioritize competing projects
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in order to effectively source information, obtain approvals, build relationships, and provide sufficient influence to achieve success
- Creative problem solver and strategic thinker with a strong work ethic and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Self motivator who can take initiative
- Strong communication skills, able to express themselves clear and logical through all forms of written and oral communication
- Passionate and confident in their tone and manner
Key Measures (Performance Indicators):
- Marketing communication effectiveness to drive awareness, sales and return on marketing investment
- Ability to work with a high degree of detail and accuracy in a fast-paced environment constantly meeting deadlines
- Ability to deliver programs on brief, on budget and on time
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.