Manager, Events (Toronto, ON, CA)
City : See posting
Category : Other
Industry : Legal Services
Employer : Dentons
Dentons is designed to be different. Our Firm leads the way in a rapidly changing legal marketplace. We challenge the status quo and deliver consistent results as well as uncompromising quality and value to our clients. Our global presence is renowned with over 20,000 individuals in more than 200 offices across 82 countries.
Dentons Canada is committed to its people and communities. We are consistently recognized as an employer of choice, having received numerous awards including being selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2023); Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2023); and Canada’s Best Diversity Employers (2023).
This is an exciting opportunity to build your career while growing your skills and deepening your expertise, all while learning from and collaborating with a dynamic and experienced national team.
The Manager, Events will work directly with the Director, Profile and Client Development to ensure our event-based marketing and client engagement efforts are successful.
The successful candidate will be comfortable -- even thrive -- in a rapidly changing environment, have the ability to manage a diverse range of projects and prioritize effectively above all else. This individual will anticipate needs and provide thoughtful solutions, have a passion for engaging and developing the client experience, as well as a commitment to enhancing our Firm’s event-related operations.
• Lead and manage the events team, including direct reports and indirect reports across the country, driving best practices in virtual and in-person event production and execution
• Responsible for managing one direct report which includes project status checks, maintaining continuous coaching and delivering valuable, constructive feedback. Continue to lead the transformation of our client experience with respect to learning and development through seminars, podcasts and other new and emerging mediums, helping the Firm remain on the leading edge of delivering learning opportunities
• Oversee the key client engagement efforts to ensure top clients are on appropriate lists
• Develop and maintain event guidelines and practices to promote efficiency, effectiveness, customer service excellence
• Develop and lead programs to heighten client awareness and engagement in key initiatives
• Lead the development and execution of significant client facing events based on the Firm’s strategic priorities
• Manage all event logistics for in-person, virtual and hybrid events, developing workback schedules, social media, budget and post event reporting
• Lead onboarding process for new Events Team members
• Lead monthly national events team meetings
• Establish and manage vendor relationships
• Other duties as assigned
• Post-secondary degree in marketing, business administration, communications or event management/hospitality
• A minimum of seven years of experience in events, client relations, marketing, experience working in a professional services environment preferred
• Creative, enthusiastic and results-driven team-player who can work collaboratively with local and national multidisciplinary teams
• Self-motivated and proactive, as well as independent and capable of working with minimum supervision
• Superior organizational and project management skills—ability to multi-task; prioritize and organize deliverables; work under pressure; and work with multifaceted, complex projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with external contacts and individuals at all levels of the organization
• Highly professional approach at all times
• Ability to manage problems and situations that are constantly changing while using considerable judgement and analysis to determine effective solutions
• Recognition of the significant impact that decisions have on the organization’s public image, internal operations, services or programs and corporate objectives
• Ability to train and provide guidance to others within the work unit
• Advanced experience using Zoom and Teams to develop and deliver virtual events
• Must be proficient working with the entire Microsoft Office Suite and using a CRM system
• Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct
• Ability to work in-office and remotely, be onsite at events and work outside of business hours is required
Benefits we offer
- Join a firm that is recognized as one of the top 100 employers in Canada (2023)!
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Generous allowance of flex and vacation days
- RRSP matching program
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Subsidized fitness program
- Various social events and activities throughout the year
- Flexible work arrangements
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Dentons Canada, inclusion, diversity and equity (ID&E) are not just ancillary values, they are foundational to our business. We believe that ID&E is essential to the shared success of our team and our clients. Our forward-thinking and inclusive culture supports the professional development of all our people, enhances the leading services we offer to our clients, and informs our commitment to make a positive impact in the communities where we live and work. As a testament to our commitment to ID&E, we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 12 consecutive years (2011-2022), as well as one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2022) for the fifth time.
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
We are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.