Manager, ESG and Culture Risk Audit
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Accountant and Auditor
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 168110
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Enterprise Functions Audit Group (accountable for audits for Enterprise Risk, ESG and Culture Risk) ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Contributes to planning, execution, and reporting on the assigned audit projects covering Enterprise Risk, Culture Risk, and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)/sustainability, among other non-financial risk area.
- Contributes to ongoing monitoring activities to stay current of changes in business, industry, regulatory, emerging risks, themes or systemic issues that may impact the risk assessment of the audit universe and the audit plan.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Contributes to the planning, execution and reporting of assigned audit projects while ensuring department standards are maintained. Obtains a thorough understanding of the business/unit/process and associated risks to contribute to the development of a risk based audit plan/procedures. Contributes to the execution of the audit, and ensures nature and extent of testing is appropriate to support the objective, scope and overall opinion. Completes timely documentation of working papers, ensures audit findings and internal control weaknesses are clearly documented with recommendations addressing the root cause and are communicated timely to management. Ensures audit reports are written to a consistent high standard and are finalized within established department metrics.
- Contributes to building and supporting of the subject matter expertise for audits of Enterprise Risk, ESG and Culture Risk by ensuring appropriate audit coverage globally, establishing standard audit procedures, providing advice & counsel on planning memos, audit issues and reports. Identifying and reporting on systemic issues/themes.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and culture risk should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Manage self-development by confirming/communicating job expectations, identifying mentors/coaches and enquiring about training needs, ensuring timely completion of performance appraisals.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education / Experience / Other Information
- University degree in business, finance, economics, accountancy or similar area required.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA) or technical / professional designations (CFA, MBA, CIA) required.
- Internal or external audit experience and/or risk management experience would be an asset.
- Strong communication skills with ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to understand various operations and assess the effectiveness of controls including attention to details.
- Knowledge of the financial sector including perspective on the regulatory and competitive landscape.
- Very proactive with ability to problem-solve and multi-task.
- Work effectively in a group environment.
- Ability to work in an environment of ambiguity and rapid change.
- Experience using data analytics and visualization tools would be an asset.
- Fluent (written and oral) Spanish would be an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.