City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 163703
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Global Portfolio Advisory Group / Scotia Wealth Management in Canada by ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Contributes to a team responsible for managing equity recommendations and the performance of the GPAG equity guided portfolios. Areas of focus may include Canadian, U.S., or International equites. Responsible for providing timely investment advice, direction and value-added equity ideas to Scotia Wealth Management investment advisors.
- Lead one or more Scotia Wealth Management equity guided portfolios, and help team members manage positions in their portfolios. Accountable for portfolio performance and ensuring positions adhere to GPAG’s equity selection criteria. Write rationales for updates/changes to these portfolios and work closely to share information with all GPAG members to aid in portfolio management. Maintain models used in the equity security selection process. Assist in fulfilling portfolio performance reporting requirements.
- Contribute to the effective functioning of the equities team via input to written publications including daily notes and weekly, monthly and quarterly reports. Review research from a variety of sources and stay abreast of capital market developments, news, and industry trends with a view to communicating relevant findings through the advisor channel. Build effective working relationships across the team.
- Regularly support Scotia Wealth Management investment advisors. Help Scotia Wealth Management advisors manage individual client accounts (conduct client portfolio reviews), and assist with the creation of portfolio proposals as needed. Respond to ad hoc advisor requests with qualified and value-added ideas and opinions. Participate in branch visits, conference calls, and client presentations.
- Maintain a high level of customer service while facilitating a culture of open and honest communication. Actively participate in and contribute to team meetings. Actively share knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely and informed decisions
- Adept multi-tasker with solid project management skills
- Innovative problem solver
- Excellent interpersonal skills – experience working with Wealth Advisors considered an asset
- Proficient in PC with advanced knowledge of Bloomberg, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and FactSet
- Exceptional written and presentation skills
- Professional integrity
- 2+ years of experience in capital markets, preferably in equity portfolio management
- Post-secondary degree required (Commerce or Business Administration degree preferred).
- CFA charter holder or in the process of achieving the designation.
- Sound knowledge of investment disciplines and processes within the financial industry.
- Strong knowledge of equity portfolio management with a demonstrated aptitude for managing risk (e.g. commodity, currency, interest rate, liquidity, and equity benchmark) and generating superior risk-adjusted returns
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.