Manager Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) and Sustainable Finance, GTA
City : Toronto
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our ESG Services practice in Toronto is recruiting a motivated and high performing Manager to lead the delivery of sustainability and sustainable finance services to our asset owner, asset manager and corporate clients across a range of industries.
Our teams of professionals help our corporate and institutional investor clients to develop resilient businesses that effectively manage ESG risks and opportunities. As a Manager you will lead KPMG's ESG Services teams to support our clients on their Sustainability journeys. This includes supporting them in developing their ESG strategies and approaches, the integration of ESG in decision making and investment decisions, amongst others. You will also help to further our business development, including service development and thought leadership. Clients will look to you to add value to their business through insights on their management of emerging sustainability challenges and their reporting and disclosure practices.
What you will do
- Assist clients in the development and implementation of their strategic ESG and sustainable finance initiatives
- Manage advisory teams in the delivery of ESG and sustainable finance engagements
- Support client relationships and practice development initiatives
- Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential
- Exhibit leadership and contribute to the professional development of our team by fostering an ‘always learning and sharing’ culture
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills
What you bring to the role
Profound sustainability advisory and/or sustainable finance experience, finance industry experience would be an asset
Deep understanding of the ESG and sustainable finance landscape
Strong familiarity with key ESG concepts and frameworks
Ability to work in a fast-paced professional environment
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
The ability to work on multiple or complex projects simultaneously
Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships
Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service in the performance of duties
- Master’s degree, additional professional designations like CFA would be a plus
- Minimum of five years professional experience in a supervisory capacity in sustainability, sustainable finance and/or sustainable investing
- Strong familiarity with sustainable finance and approaches of ESG integration in lending, underwriting and/or investing, ideally from industry experience
- Experience in assessing climate change related risks and opportunities
- Strong communication skills, verbal and in writing, and ability to translate complex messages and recommendations into concise proposals, reports and presentations
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.