Manager, Enterprise Tax
City : Vaughan
Category : Tax
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
As a lead member of the Enterprise Tax (Private Client) service line, you will work closely with the Senior Manager team and KPMG Partners on compliance, provision work, tax planning initiatives and requirements. Your organizational skills will enable you to directly work with junior staff, which will include you reviewing their work for accuracy and completeness. Additionally, you will participate and help support with research on tax-planning strategies for our clients and will have an opportunity to support and lead with the preparation of tax returns. The ideal candidate sets the standard for junior staff, by providing ongoing support and opportunities for professional development.
What you will do
- An opportunity to lead small, medium and large sized client engagements
- Reviewing work for junior staff to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff
- As a key member of our team you will have considerable opportunities to interact with our clients directly and form part of their extended team as you work closely with them
- Tax compliance (corporate/personal/trust/partnerships) and tax provision work with exposure to tax advisory work which can include acquisition/divestiture planning, reorganizations, estate planning, and various tax planning for the owner managed business.
- Learn and participate in engagements that include tax planning and controversy management
What you bring to the role
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience, specializing in Tax, ideally from a public accounting firm
- CPA designation
- Completed, or enrolled in the CPA In-Depth Tax Course or Masters of Tax
- People management experience is an asset to this role and preferred
- Highly motivated individual with a desire for growth
- Effectively manages conflicting demands and priorities
- Gives others the opportunity to take on new tasks and responsibilities
- Able to instill enthusiasm in others to achieve desired results
- Able to provide persuasive and self-assured responses to challenging questions
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.