City : Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Category : Full Time Engineering
Industry : Mining and Quarrying
Employer : Sherritt
Headquartered in Toronto, Sherritt is a world leader in using hydrometallurgical processes to mine and refine nickel and cobalt – metals essential for an electric future. Its Technologies Group creates innovative, proprietary solutions for natural resource- based industries around the world to improve environmental performance and increase economic value.
Sherritt has embarked on a multi-pronged growth strategy focused on expanding nickel and cobalt production by up to 20% from 2021 and extending the life of mine at Moa beyond 2040. The Corporation is also the largest independent energy producer in Cuba. Sherritt’s common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “S”.
Reporting to the Director, Engineering & Projects, the Manager, Engineering will deliver and optimize Engineering resources to support the identification, prioritization, and delivery Engineering work in the Process and Mechanical disciplines for the Fort Saskatchewan site.
- Cascade and communicate the Vision for Engineering & Projects to the Engineering team
- Develop, implement, and sustain a 1 year Business Plan for Engineering with a quarterly review and adjustment as required
- Develop, implement, and sustain engineering standards, processes, and procedures and ensure compliance with current regulatory and licensing requirements
- Drive Technical Authority (TA) for Engineering functional disciplines (Process and Mechanical)
- Develop, implement, and sustain Engineering Specs & Standards
- Drive for Overall Adherence to Engineering standards, best practices, policies, and procedures
- Lead Development of Best Practices to support Engineering Workflow, plant support, and project execution
- Lead Development of Tools & Databases, Skill pools, development & succession plans for all technical resources within scope of role
- Establish and sustain an engaged and capable organization to deliver on the 5 year business plan
- Ensure Engineering & Technical processes are in place and followed in accordance with an updated Professional Practice Management Plan (PPMP) as required by APEGA
- Embed a lean and continuous improvement mindset to achieve a highly reliable, safe, and competitive Engineering & Projects organization
Qualifications and Skills
- P. Eng. designation in Process Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, or similar
- 10+ years’ experience providing engineering expertise and services in an operating facility
- Working knowledge of maintenance, reliability and project management
- Working knowledge of management information systems
- Capability to conceive and implement an engineering business plan with a 1 to 2 year time frame
- Capability to develop engineering policies, standards, practices, procedures and business processes
- Continuous Improvement and Lean thinking
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational culture-building
- Change management
- Finance / business acumen
- Multicultural sensitivity
- Capable of developing internal talent
What Sherritt Can Offer You
- Competitive wage with comprehensive benefits and retirement savings programs that holistically support employee wellbeing
- Generous paid time off to support and empower employee work/life balance
- Ongoing learning and professional development opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and dynamic work environment
Application Deadline: The job posting will remain open until a qualified candidate is selected.
We thank all candidates for their application. Only qualified candidates will be contacted directly and engaged in the interview process.