Manager, Electrical and Controls & Utility Services
City : Edmonton
Category : Permanent Full Time
Industry : Utilities
Employer : EPCOR
Highlights of the job
We are hiring one (1) Full Time, Permanent Manager, Electrical and Controls & Utility Services position working out of Edmonton, AB.
The Manager, Electrical, Controls and Utility Services is accountable for managing the maintenance of electrical, instrumentation, control systems, and facility maintenance for the mechanical facilities operated by Drainage Services. This position is also accountable for managing a team that specializes in providing confined space entry services to Drainage Services. This includes ensuring electrical and controls equipment in the drainage facilities are operating properly, confined space work is done safely, and achieving the required outcomes with time spans of up to 3 - 12 months.
What you’d be responsible for
- Provide input to the Flow Control Facility plans and directions, ensuring an appropriate understanding of the EPCOR and Flow Control Facilities team strategy throughout the electrical and utility services team.
- Ensure ongoing effective positioning and appropriate relationships between the Manager, FCF Electrical and Controls, other Manager positions in Flow Control Facilities, and in the rest of Drainage and EPCOR.
- Assist Senior Manager to determine budgeting and program targets for resources, operations, and facility performance of mechanical drainage facilities.
- Develop and implement stratum appropriate (3 – 12 month) deliverables within the context of the Flow Control Facility business plan (including mission, vision, values, strategic positioning, operational plan, and resource plan).
- Identify the necessary budget requirements for the provision of reliable electrical, control, and utility services.
- Analyze and identify issues impacting operational performance and establish initiatives for continuous improvement of the electrical, instrumentation, and control systems, and utility services.
- Develop, implement and review electrical and control processes to ensure compliance with policies, standards, and regulatory requirements and ensure mitigation of risks.
- Plan, assign, align and provide supervision for the day-to-day operation of the electrical, controls, and utility services teams to ensure completion of projects and assignments.
- Manage projects to make extensive repairs and enhancements to facilities, equipment, and control systems using internal and external resources, consultants, and contractors.
- Hire and terminate staff within plan within EUI policies and processes and Senior Manager context and prescribed limits.
- Demonstrate a high performance, high discipline, and safe, accountable, focused, innovative and achievement-oriented, easy to do business with manner of working.
What’s required to be successful
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering, electrical technology, or other related fields; or certified journeyman electrician or instrumentation.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) registered with APEGA, CET registered with ASET, or eligibility to be a registered member of APEGA or ASET.
- Other combinations of education and training in other technical or trade disciplines may be considered.
- 5+ years of related industry experience.
- 2+ years of experience leading technical staff and tradespersons.
- Engineering design experience of low voltage electrical systems, process control hardware, software, and associated computer system and communications infrastructure would be considered an asset.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in commissioning electrical and control systems in a commercial or industrial setting would be considered an asset.
- Project management experience and skills are an asset.
- Creates a respectful work environment where ideas are challenged and people feel trusted and safe.
- Continuously looks for and advocates for opportunities to improve products, streamline processes, increase efficiency, reduce waste and improve results.
Other important facts about this job
Hours of work: 80 hours bi-weekly
Application deadline: February 13, 2023
Internal Applicants, please ensure that you are using your “@epcor.com” email address!
Learn more about Working at EPCOR!
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age, successfully attained a high school diploma (GED, or equivalent level of secondary education), and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.