Requisition ID: 56396
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here—and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about the Digital Factory workspace, our Digital Banking career opportunities, Communities of Practice, and open source projects, check out our microsite: https://digitalfactory.scotiabank.com/
As the Manager, Digital Product Roadmap, you will help to define the digital product strategy for our Canadian portfolio, applying a strategic, whole-bank lens to prioritize the roadmap, incorporating feedback from across the organization. You will drive a customer-focused culture and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge to help inform and drive the work.
Is this role right for you?
- Apply a rigorous prioritization process to align on the highest value initiatives to drive the overall bank goals through digital transformation
- Strong focus on reporting - collecting release notes, capturing insights, consolidating information, standardizing and creating cohesion on metrics, creating dashboards, preparing quarterly and ad-hoc reports, and effectively communicating information and data in a cohesive, easily digestible format to various stakeholders
- Support the Senior Manager, Digital Product Roadmap by contributing to strategy and providing insightful recommendations to optimize the development of the digital strategy.
- Apply strong critical thinking skills: using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems, with a bias towards strong data and analytical reasoning.
- Build and execute the determination and tracking of value for work in flight, to help prioritize the roadmap.
- Exercise strong leadership, negotiating and influencing skills across the organizational levels, coordinating initiatives to meet collective needs of multiple distribution channels, business lines, and other internal departments
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Create an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, compliance and our code of conduct
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You have 5 or more years of relevant experience with project management principles and processes, or experience working in a project management office
- You love data, with strong analytical and reporting experience, building dashboards, analyzing, consolidating and communicating this data through story-telling to stakeholders
- You are fluent in excel and power-point, with intermediate or higher level experience
- You are a results-oriented, hands-on team player who is dedicated to getting the job done
- You have excellent written and communication skills, ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from deep technical discussions to high-level, executive vision)
- You possess strategic thinking, strategic influence and negotiation skills
- You have thorough knowledge of digital products and how they match customer needs
- You have your finger on the pulse and are in tune with industry trends related to digital banking and product
- You have a University Degree in a relevant background
- If you have FI or banking experience and/or knowledge that would be awesome
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), 4 weeks of vacation, personal & sick days, paternity/maternity leave top-ups and much more
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.