Manager Development and Support Estate Planning
City : Montreal
Category : Regular Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : National Bank
Join the corporate team that supports investment strategies and financial planning for the investment sector. In this position you'll have the opportunity to contribute to the Bank's transformation and help the Bank become a Canadian estate planning leader.
Being a Development & Support Manager – Estate Planning means supporting, developing, and training Investment managers and employees. Come and coach Investment and Retirement Specialists, Financial Planners), Senior Investment Advisors and their managers to promote the importance of financial planning, and more specifically, estate planning.
- Assist the Senior Manager and Associate Vice-Presidents, Investment, and act as an expert advisor in developing and maintaining an advisory and business development culture and be the financial (estate) planning resource person to improve the client experience.
- Analyze reports, tables, and other indicators to target value-generating activities and work together with the Associate Vice-Presidents and managers to establish the quarterly coaching plan.
- Provide coaching, training, and workshops to Investment employees and managers on skills for financial (estate) planning, the Client Approach, Advice for Life (DEEP) approach and related tools, in connection with the quarterly coaching plan.
- Promote the use of financial and estate plans to highlight the expertise and skills of Investment experts.
- Help develop expert content for the Advisory Strategies, Investment, and Financial Planning team and represent the business line in corporate projects and public media.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of the Investment Value Chain Advice Strategy team. We have a passion for financial planning and the real impact quality advice can have in our clients’ lives. The ideal candidate has IQPF Financial Planner designation and is ideally a member of the Barreau du Québec or the Chambre des notaires du Québec.
We work closely with all sectors of the organization and our goal is to make National Bank an industry leader in estate planning. Join our dynamic team and together, we can make it happen!
We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible in your work. For example, we offer hybrid work (remote and in the office), work schedule arrangements to help you achieve work/life balance, and flexible leave that you can take when it's important to you.
Competencies required :
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance option (or related discipline) and 7 years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree (relevant discipline) and 4 years of relevant experience
- Financial Planner designation (IQPF) or Member of the Barreau du Québec or the Chambre des notaires du Québec
- Experience in an advisory role and exercising influence
- Relevant coaching experience
- Business development experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex estate planning concepts
- Bilingualism (English and French) required, as you will regularly do business with partners across Canada to provide training and/or create training content
- Member of the Barreau du Québec or the Chambre des notaires du Québec, an asset
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first :
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?