Manager, Data Remediation, GBM Data Governance
City : New York City, NY, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 171849
Salary Range: 82,400.00 - 153,000.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Is this role right for you? You will be responsible for:
- Ensures that the DQ Remediation follows the Data Quality Issue Management Playbook. Including detailed Hands-on Root Cause analysis of Data Quality Issues (Using SQL or other data analysis tools.
- Development, tracking and communication of remediation project plans including resource requirements.
- Root Cause analysis (tactical and strategic) of prioritized data quality issues, working with the resolving teams (Operations, AML, GSS Business, IT and others) to ensure that the issue(s) are fixed and verify the remediation is complete.
- Develop metrics for process improvement, resource planning and reporting/trend analysis.
- Responsible to assist in building out the requirements and documentation of procedures to address regulatory findings.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Monitor data quality dashboards and exception reports, performing analysis to identify trends in data quality issues, perform root-cause analysis, establish data quality themes, and determine course(s) of action, creating action plans to resolve open items.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Responsible for the implementation of Data Governance as an oversight of Company's data management goals, standards, practices, process, and technologies.
- Assist various inter-department initiatives related to data, advice and help bring them under purview of Data Governance Office.
- Prepare presentation materials for Risk working groups and committee meetings
Do you have the skills you need to succeed? We'd love to work with you, if you have:
- Bachelor or MBA degree
- Anti Money Laundering, Financial Crime, Sanctions experience an asset
- ACAMS certification preferable
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.