Manager, Data Governance & Environmental Social Governance
City : Calgary
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our world and locally are going through immense change, changing work habits, differing political perspectives, and climate changes. Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) encapsulates all of these and more. As we and our clients articulate the goals and effort to address these issues, we are leading the way in our ESG commitments and the assistance we provide to our community and our clients.
We are looking for a dynamic professional to join our growing practice, with a specific focus on Data Governance within the area of Environmental Social Governance.
You have strong expertise in delivery technology and data solutions and direct experience with deploying data management and data governance solutions over ESG and sustainability programs for Organizations. This position will assist our clients with the design and review of data systems related to capture and reporting of ESG data including ESG data lineage, testing and data visualization. These systems are designed to capture, report and track ESG metrics such as Green House Gas emissions, Health and Safety, Diversity and Inclusion, and others for internal and external ESG reporting and disclosures.
What you will do
- Lead and/or assist current situation assessments and maturity analysis based on leading practices, industry trends and KPMG’s various data and information governance and management maturity frameworks.
- Lead and/or assist developing and implementing roadmaps, data management strategies, process and data flow mapping, data quality management programs, governance frameworks, business cases, cost/benefit analyses and deliverables related to the implementation of recommendations, such as policy writing, data classification or profiling.
- Supporting and guiding clients in implementing recommendations over their data systems required to meet the ESG reporting and disclosure requirements of the Organization.
- Assisting business and practice development efforts by supporting the team in preparing proposals, marketing material, internal and external presentations, seminar materials, articles, etc.
- Working on multiple client engagements of varying scope and complexity at the same time.
- Delivering high-quality work on time that meets the Firm’s quality standards and client expectations.
- Applying best practice and process maturity knowledge observed in client engagements and personal research.
What you bring to the role
- University degree in computer science, business intelligence, information architecture, information science, business administration or another related field.
- 5 years of relevant professional experience in data management and data integrity.
- Strong understanding of Environmental Social & Governance (ESG) concepts, frameworks and global developments and related use of operational and data systems.
- Knowledge of governance and data management standards, such as DAMA-DMBOK, CMMI and DCAM.
- Business analysis, requirements gathering and processing mapping experience, including information management process narratives, workflows, information flows, controls and business case development, an asset.
Data Management Specific:
- Understanding and implementing data governance frameworks and best practices
- Experience in the areas of master data management, meta data, data quality, etc
- Understanding of data architecture
- Understanding of domestic and global data privacy standards
- Understanding of data security protocols
- Experience with deploying data governance tools
- Excellent data modelling skills
- University degree in computer science, business intelligence, data analytics, data science, information architecture, information sciences, management information systems or another related field
- Knowledge and experience with various governance or data management tools (Collibra, Informatica, IGC, etc.), an asset.
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.