Manager, Data & AI Risk
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175352
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank, Global Risk Management, Data & AI Risk
Are you passionate about AI risk management? Are you looking for a challenging role in an emerging and exciting field? Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Data and Artificial Intelligence Risk (DAIR) team is looking for a highly motivated change agent who demonstrates integrity, drive, and courage to support the design and execution of AI Risk Management activities.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for AI risk management related oversight activities and have opportunity to work with a collaborative team of inspiring professionals to help deliver the Enterprise DAIR Program objectives.
What you'll do in this role?
- Support the development and implementation of the AI Risk Program including creating policies, procedures and managing AI inventory
- Apply knowledge of analytic solutions and ML/AI to develop processes and practices that ensure risks are properly identified, understood, assessed, reported, and monitored
- Monitor internal compliance and support the first line of defense on the design and best practices of effective AI Risk controls, metrics, compliance, and risk mitigation
- Perform and document periodic AI risk assessments including AI controls developed and implemented by the first line of defense
- Support effective challenge function, communicate identified ML/AI risks to the first line ML/AI model owners and developers and conduct analysis of the remediation plans in a timely manner
- Assist with the development and delivery of communication strategies for new processes and procedures and deliver training on AI risk management
- Develop strong partnership and work in close alignment with other risk functions and business partners to provide professional advice and guidelines for AI risk mitigation
- Execute AI risk assessments, review findings and conduct analysis of the remediation plans in a timely manner
- Maintain and contribute to enhancement of the AI Risk management documentation (procedures, AI risk tiering methodology, assessments, testing and reporting)
- Identify opportunities and execute enhancements to the AI risk management and oversight practice
- Assist with data risk management activities and participate in data risk management activities where required
- Assist with AI risk reporting, including collection of metrics and management of dashboards and reports on time
- Exercise sound judgment in identifying, reporting, and escalating risks or issues to senior management
- Contribute to an inclusive and collaborative team environment
What we're looking for?
- Post-Secondary education completed. Advanced degree preferred but not mandatory
- 3+ years of risk management or model governance or equivalent experience
- Solid knowledge of AI technology, ML/AI model development, and ML/AI risk management best practices
- Solid understanding of ML/AI trends and developments in data and AI governance, such as the proposed regulatory requirements
- Technically adept and interest in the areas of digital, ML/AI technology and data and AI governance
- Knowledge of algorithms e.g., rule-based systems, linear/logistic regressions, support vector machines, random forests, gradient boosting
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Adaptability and ability to manage ambiguity
- Curious and proactive learner interested in new technology, ML/AI risk management best practices
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.