Manager, Credit Advisor
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H 0B4
Category : Financial Specialists
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 192675
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
What you will be doing:
Contributes to the overall success of the Private Banking Wealth Management Department ensuring that specific individual objectives, plans, and initiatives are carried out or met in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures that all activities carried out are carried out in accordance with the internal rules, policies, and procedures in force.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Promotes a client-centric culture to deepen client relationships and leverage the Bank's extensive relationships, systems, and expertise.
- Provides advice to Private Banking clients, within the framework of the Total Wealth model, regarding the structure of their debts and investments, for both new customers and ongoing annual reviews. Participates in the comprehensive advisory model that covers the liabilities and assets of the clients, strengthening the value proposition of the business line. Directly contributes the profitability and portfolio growth of the high-net-worth client portfolio in the Scotiabank Private Bank, as part of the Scotia Wealth Management Financial Advisory team.
Negotiates the structuring of credits (amount, term, terms & conditions, rates, etc.) in a way that meets the needs of the interested parties:
- Analyzes and generates complex credit proposals and presents credit solutions according to customer requirements in a timely manner.
- Recommends interest rates and fees charged so that they generate a return framed in the requirements of the Bank and are in accordance with the risk of the transaction / client.
- Negotiates with Private Banking Management the adjustments required to structure the transactions in a form that represents an acceptable risk for the Bank and the needs of customers.
Together with the Wealth Manager, leads the process of new loans and develops credit proposals according to the Bank’s adjudication templates:
- Proactively identifies the credit opportunity and obtains relevant information to understand the customer's credit needs.
- Socializes effectively and achieves Credit support of the proposals through the necessary format.
- Oversees credit origination and coordinates credit strategies that add value to the client and the Bank.
- Communicates the rationale behind each decision to customers upon request.
- Provides feedback so they can better serve customer needs.
Work with the local Risk Unit and Global Risk Management (GRM), where applicable, throughout the credit approval process:
- Achieves consensus on the conditions and terms proposed for the transaction in a way that ensures commercial success and safeguards the Bank's assets according to credit policies.
- Socializes difficult transactions to achieve adjudication approval.
Contributes to the improvement of the quality of the assigned portfolio through on-going monitoring and reporting:
- Conducts annual reviews of all assigned clients who maintain exposure to the Bank, identifying opportunities to offer new services for clients, but also new risks for the bank.
- Communicates to management any breach of approved terms and conditions.
- Stays informed of the reputational, financial, technological, environmental, industry and legal risks of the assigned client portfolio. Reports credit risk deterioration in a timely manner.
- Complies with the requirements of regulatory bodies and with the Bank’s internal policies.
- Supports Private Banking Management in the training process for Wealth Managers and in the definition of policies and procedures related to the credit business of Private Banking.
- Understand the Bank's risk culture and how risk appetite should be considered in daily activities and decisions.
- Actively conducts effective and efficient operations in their respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, compliance and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls in order to meet obligations aimed at reducing operational risk, the risk of regulatory non-compliance, the risk of money laundering and terrorist financing and the risk of conduct, these include the responsibilities established under the Operational Risk Management Framework, the Regulatory Non-Compliance Risk Management Framework, the International Manual for the Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Do you have the skills to enable you to be successful in this role? We would love to work with you if you have:
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics and / or Finance. Master's degree with specialization in Finance preferred. CFA level 1 preferred.
- Must be fluent in Spanish
- Minimum experience of 4 years in Banking and Finance.
- Experience in another Financial institution, Consulting firm or Risk Rating Agency
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.