Manager, Corporate Risk Management & Insurance (12 Month Contract)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1A1
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 167331
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Purpose of Job:
Contributes to the overall success of Corporate Risk Management & Insurance / Operational Risk in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, finance, accounting, or business
- Completion of, or progress towards, either CIP or CRM designations preferred
- Must have minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a similar capacity functioning within a risk management department and/or property/casualty insurance-related company.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial analysis
- Strong understanding of principles and practices of risk management and insurance
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.