Manager, Corporate Finance, Debt Advisory – Infrastructure, Government & Utilities
City : Toronto
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 154 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
KPMG Corporate Finance ranked #1 M&A Advisor in Canada for 2019!
KPMG Corporate Finance Inc. is the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) regulated entity through which KPMG LLP's investment banking services are provided in Canada. KPMG's Corporate Finance services are principally comprised of merger, acquisition and divestiture advisory services and financing services including raising debt and equity capital.
We offer independent financial advisory and investment banking services to both private and public companies. Acting independently of financing sources, we provide clients with pure, objective advice, focusing on strategies that can help meet corporate objectives. We have an extensive international network of over 2,600 corporate finance professionals working from 160 offices in 86 countries thus providing KPMG Corporate Finance with a broad local reach and established contacts.
Learn more about Corporate Finance here.
Overview of the opportunity:
As the Vice President, Corporate Finance, KPMG, for the Toronto office, you will report to our senior leadership and have significant experience in Corporate Finance or a related field and have the aspiration to lead a diverse, high performing team.
What you will do
- Lead a range of corporate finance projects concurrently and assume responsibility for the day-to-day execution and delivery of service on projects.
- Manage, mentor and train junior corporate finance professionals.
- Undertake engagement and practice management responsibilities, including billings and adherence to professional practice requirements.
- Lead proactive business development and deal initiation activities.
- Review complex financial and valuation models.
- Review and negotiate agreements.
- Conduct industry, public market and precedent transaction research and analysis.
What you bring to the role
- Business degree with 5+ years of relevant post-graduate experience, acquired in Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, Commercial/Corporate Banking, Private Equity, Management Consulting, Corporate Development, or other similar corporate finance roles.
- Experience in advising corporations and public sector institutions on buyside and sellside transactions.
- Financing capabilities including experience in arranging senior, subordinated, asset backed and equity financing.
- Transaction structuring, with an appreciation of tax, accounting, and ratings considerations, in addition to understanding commercial matters.
- A proven track record in business development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and interpretative skills.
- CPA, CBV, MBA and/or CFA designation is an asset but not required.
- Must be willing to travel within Canada.
Keys to your success:
- Highly motivated, committed, and flexible to cope with changing priorities and strict deadlines.
- Ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment is essential.
- Ability to build a network and effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational skills and an ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Collaborative team player that can work independently with minimal supervision.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.