Manager, Controls Inventory Governance and Management, U.S. Internal Control
City : New York City, NY, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 192268
Salary Range: 85,700.00 - 159,100.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) is a leading Canadian Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a growing platform in the US and Latin America, operating globally for over 100 years. Scotiabank’s strong U.S. presence provides our clients an important bridge to this key global market for trade and investment flows across the Americas and the world.
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Be part of an innovative, Global Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a unique geographic footprint that puts capital to work for our clients across industries! We work together to drive ambition for every future!
Contributes in the development and maintenance of the inventory of controls in response to the Bank’s regulatory obligations library initiative and non-regulatory controls put in place to mitigate the other risks embedded within the respective Global Banking & Markets (GBM) business lines (Line 1A in the three lines of defense model for managing non-financial risks) and thereby contributing to the overall success of the first line of defense in managing non-financial risks inherent in the businesses.
What You’ll Do
- Participate in the development, and ongoing maintenance of inventory of controls mapped to regulatory obligations identified by Compliance.
- Participate in building a supplementary inventory of non-regulatory controls established by the Bank to mitigate and manage operational and other risks in the respective GBM business lines.
- Participate and/ or develop regular reporting to GBM Management of the condition of controls inventory in the respective business lines including analyses of root causes of control breakdowns and determines appropriate corrective actions.
- Liaise with GBM locations outside the U.S. to assess the impact of extra-territorial obligations on SBUS to identify and document appropriate controls and update OpenPages library.
- Maintain the database of gaps identified as part of control mapping exercise and provide summary updates to GBM Management at least quarterly basis.
- Maintain regular communication with GBM Compliance to determine changes to regulatory rules and understand their impact on various GBM business units. ▪ Responsible for the follow-up of open issues identified and ensure recommended corrective actions have been remediated.
- Assist in developing and providing training to business lines and control/ support function personnel on non-financial risks, regulations, controls, and controls Library. ▪ Participate in updating and documenting key controls recorded in OpenPages system to reflect impact of internal audit findings, regulatory findings, compliance testing results and any other self-identified issues.
- Work with stakeholders in identifying and addressing underlying causes of control breakdowns or instances where controls are inadequate
- Support the applicable Business Lines by responding to questions about internal control matters.
- Other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
What You’ll Bring
- At least 5-7 years of experience in a testing (Internal Audit, Compliance) and/ or operational risk management role in a Financial Services Firm or Consulting Firm.
- In-depth knowledge of capital markets business.
- Expert knowledge of internal controls.
- Strong written and verbal communications and inter-personal skills.
- Self-motivated and experience in working on complex projects.
If your experience is closely related but doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we do encourage you to apply - you might be the right candidate for this or other roles at Scotiabank!
At Scotiabank, every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are and, embraced for their differences. That’s why we work to grow and diversify talent and engage employees in a performance-oriented culture.
What's in it for you?
Scotiabank wants you to be able to bring your best self to work – and life, every day. With a focus on holistic well-being, our many flexible benefit programs are designed to help support your unique family, financial, physical, mental, and social health needs.
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.