Manager, Control & Regulatory Initiatives, Global Business Management
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
In this role, you will be a part of RBC’s Investor Services Client Operations team where you will play a key role in managing the relationship with PwC with regards to the RBC Investor Services Report on Controls external audit, ensuring the successful completion of controls reporting on a semi-annual basis. Additionally, you will play a key role in supporting the development and refinement of the short- and long-term strategic plan and new and existing strategic initiatives for the Investor Services Report on Controls. You will perform operational risk, control/attestation activities, and manage internal control reporting to Client Operations SLT. You will look to monitor control & regulatory changes to ensure compliance with RBC Enterprise policies for Client Operations and implement these in collaboration with Operational Control, I&TS Compliance and other relevant key stakeholders across I&TS and RBC Enterprise. This role will drive continuous improvement and the delivery operational efficiencies, while challenging the status quo, within the control and regulatory environment in Client Operations.
What will you do?
- Program Management for the Investor Services Report on Controls:
- Support the planning, execution, completion and reporting of the semi-annual external audit controls reports.
- Work closely with relevant IT partners and Client Operations managers related to external audit controls reporting, to ensure timely responses for populations and evidence are supplied and deadlines are met.
- Act as trusted advisor to Client Operations managers/directors to provide recommendations on efficiencies and/or automation on external audit testing methodology.
- Develop and lead internal training sessions for Client Operations.
- Support the development and refinement of short and long-term strategic plan and new and existing strategic initiatives for the Investor Services Report on Controls:
- Align with Client Operations strategic direction of the business, ensuring that all initiatives are feasible, value-add, tangible and driving towards the common goal of the business.
- Work with the team to develop new strategic initiatives and business guidance/directions to address any of the gaps in place. Ensure that all initiatives are actionable with a clear roadmap for execution (scope, budget, schedule, resources, and business cases). All aligned with the overall strategic direction for the business.
- Ensure that overall initiatives plan/roadmap is aligned to the business financial targets and deliverables. Support ideations and projects scoping to address and communicate gaps to ensure full alignment.
- Support the development, maintenance and enhancement of Client Operation control and process frameworks in collaboration with key stakeholders across RBC including the Global Business Management team, as applicable
- Manage attestation of key risks, controls, internal audit and compliance requirements such as End User Developed Applications (EUDA’s), external audit and others as required
- Assist in the development and analysis of KPIs for key controls for Client Operations, driving forward awareness and actions in areas requiring attention
- Ensure that Client Operations’ control framework supports all regulatory and legislative requirements of local jurisdictions and implement effective audit controls in accordance with established guidelines and regulations
- Support the production and analysis of the monthly internal control reports for Client Operations SLT and other key stakeholders
- Support management within the implementation of new processes and project specific to the development and design of controls
- Document processes that govern the activities within Client Operations assigned by management
- Work to prevent, to detect, and to eliminate the potential for risk and liability to the organization and work closely with Operational Risk, Compliance, Internal & External Audit colleagues to design and implement best in class processes
- Analyze, design, implement uniform and robust processes to ensure high degree of automated processing, and support the standardization and streamlining of work within C&RI
- The delegate to peers when required with execution of responsibilities and any other aspects that may be required
What do you need to succeed?
- University degree, plus 4+ years’ experience in a relevant industry
- CPA designation or CPA candidate
- Experience working on operational controls in the financial industry or in an audit firm
- Ability to take ownership and solve complex problems
- Proficient time management and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong relationship building
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Impact and influence, ability to challenge the status quo is a must have
- Strong understanding of Operations environment
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Excellent exposure to communicate with various business partners and stakeholders in Investor & Treasury Services and within other platforms as appropriate
- Opportunity to obtain hands-on experience throughout your role
- Working with an exciting, close-knit, supportive & dynamic group
- Opportunity to collaborate with other business segments within the bank
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Competitive compensation
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.