Manager, Contracts – 12 Month Contract
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Legal
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Location:500 Lakeshore Blvd. West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2V9
When you hire great people, great things can happen.
PC Financial offers unprecedented value to Canadians through payment products. We're a different kind of bank with a different type of team—we’re collaborative and supportive and have the freedom and responsibility to thrive. Our purpose is to make the everyday simple and better for our customers, and we strive to make every dollar worth more.
Proudly serving over 3 million customers, PC Financial continues to grow by offering payment solutions and services that reward our customers every day. As a subsidiary of Loblaws Company Inc., we share the CORE values of Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence. We are dedicated to helping Canadians Live Life Well. Join us on our journey.
Why This Role is Important
The Manager, Contracts will be responsible for leading the legal process of drafting and negotiating vendor agreements, in partnership with business partners. The successful candidate will also handle the bank’s contract intake process, draft and review contracts, while ensuring efficiencies and ensuring due diligence as it pertains to the bank's regulatory obligations.
What You'll Do:
Lead the contracts intake function, including:
- Overseeing the inbox;
- Reviewing the contracts intake checklist for completeness
- Preparing execution memos in order to facilitate signing
Support the negotiation of small to large sized vendor agreements, in collaboration with key business partners including:
- Reviewing agreements to ensure key business terms included
- Incorporating required input from key business team members
- Review of vendor edits – accept edits and/or draft counter proposal with inputs from relevant business partners
- Making Senior Management aware of key risks/issues
- Support the Senior Director in the negotiation of large material vendor agreements
- Education/training within the business on the role, objectives and processes of the Contracts function
- Handle expectation/concerns within the organization and vendor/partner organizations through strong, professional communication and leadership skills
- Develop and sustain relationship network as needed by working with individuals at all levels of the organization and vendor/partner organizations
What You Bring:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience drafting and negotiating vendor agreements (preferably agreements within the financial services that satisfy OSFI Guideline B-10 requirements)
- Strong understanding of credit card operations is beneficial
- Post secondary education (preferably in Legal or related field)
- Experience leading multiple internal and external relationships and is able to work closely with a variety of partners to achieve common business objectives
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to prioritize, balance conflicting tasks, and lead internal and external partners
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number of Openings:1
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.