Manager, Consumer Platforms – Full Time – Remote – ON
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Business Development and Sales
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : LifeLabs
LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. Our team members are truly centred around our customers, and we know that behind every lab requisition, sample being tested, or investment in technology is an individual and their family counting on us.
Consistently named one of Canada's Best Employers by Forbes, LifeLabs has also been recognized for having an award-winning Mental Health Program from Benefits Canada. The passion and commitment of over 6,000 diverse and innovative team members unites and motivates us to ensure our customers receive high quality tests and results that they can trust. Agile, customer-centred, caring and teamwork: we live these values every day in what we do to support our customers and healthcare providers, driving forward our vision of empowering a healthier you.
Make a difference – join the LifeLabs team today!
Reports to: Director, Consumer Platforms & Partnerships
Purpose of the Role The LifeLabs ecommerce team is growing, as we are entering new markets and adding exciting new products and features to the LifeLabs store. We are seeking an ecommerce expert to help drive the growth of this exciting new channel. The Manager, Consumer Platforms is responsible for charting the future direction of the new LifeLabs store (ecommerce platform), leading the development and execution of the strategy to accelerate growth of products and services. Works cross-functionally with marketing, product management and sales to deliver results and drive revenue though this new channel from a direct to customer perspective and business to business. Drives the ongoing evolution of the ecommerce platform to ensure we are optimizing customer experience, engagement, utilization, and adoption.
Lead the management and growth of the LifeLabs store, driving growth of the channel and product portfolios ensuring alignment with the sales, product, and business unit strategy. Overall accountability and ownership of the ecommerce budget
- Define the LifeLabs store strategy and chart the future of the ecommerce platform in support of product and service channel growth.
- Lead the ongoing evolution of the platform, mapping the feature pipeline to enhance the overall ecommerce journey from discovery through to fulfilment and loyalty.
- Develop compelling plans and synthesize opportunities into simple solutions to influence leaders and key stakeholders to gain executive support as required.
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise with the day-to-day management of ecommerce platform including customer experience, product offerings, sales tools, advertising content.
- Stay on top of ecommerce trends, market dynamics and new opportunities.
- Develop content distribution strategies that drive engagement and conversions ensuring alignment with corporate strategy.
- Provide leadership in developing target audiences, customer personas, user experience and consumer engagement strategies to achieve ROI.
- Evaluate plans to ensure progress toward business objectives and KPIs, adjust plans as necessary to achieve outcomes.
Manage and oversee the execution of ecommerce activities for the department across all product portfolios
- Ensure that ecommerce plans and operations are appropriately resourced in alignment with business goals.
- Ensure KPIs are well defined, measured and communicated effectively to stakeholders.
- Actively advise and partner with product development to ensure the channel is being optimized.
- Collaborate with digital marketing team to increase conversions through robust marketing strategy.
- Lead the ecommerce channel strategy to ensure the platform is optimized for customer experience, ease of use and facilitation of product sales and fulfillment.
Provide leadership, development and coaching for peers and cross-functional stakeholders
- Represent the team as the ecommerce expert sharing ideas and experience while collaborating on projects.
- Serve as the point of contact and in-house ecommerce lead for all cross-functional, multi-stakeholder projects involving general diagnostics and other commercial support departments (operations, finance, IT, etc.)
- Identify, cultivate, and manage relationships with key industry partners.
Minimum Qualification and Skills
- University Degree and/or Post-Graduate Diploma in communications or marketing
- 5-8 years of experience in ecommerce product management or ecommerce roles demonstrating career progression
- 3-5 years in marketing or communications, business development or advertising
- Experienced ecommerce marketer and/or digital channel management with expertise in health care product marketing/sales would be considered an asset
- Experienced content distribution strategist with multi-channel campaign management
- Go-to-market product strategy experience
- Proven track record in optimizing ecommerce platform performance
- Able to adapt and introduce new technology into business
- Ability to influence various stakeholders at all levels
- Strong project management skills and knowledge of marketing workback schedules
#LI SW1 #INDEED
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
In accordance with LifeLabs’ Accessibility Policy, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email email@example.com.
LifeLabs is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. We have been a leader throughout the COVID-19 pandemic regarding health and safety measures and have always put our employees and customers at the center of every decision that we make. As an organization in the health care sector, we believe the COVID vaccination adds a layer of protection that complements the extensive and necessary health and safety protocols that we have taken to date. With this in mind, we currently require all LifeLabs employees, contractors, students and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
LifeLabs operates under a distributed workforce model, where employee flexibility is a key priority. Further information will be provided during the interview process on what this means for employees.