Manager, Compensation & Total Rewards
City : Vancouver
Category : Legal
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Employment and Labour Law team is comprised of knowledgeable and experienced lawyers and Human Resources professionals who specialize in employment, labour and human rights law with proven litigation and negotiation capabilities. This team represents corporate and institutional clients (employers) with any issues that they may have with employees.
Our Employment and Labour Law team in the GVA provides employers with holistic HR, compensation and legal advice to attract, manage, retain and engage their people and create practical solutions to complex and challenging workplace issues.
The Manager, Compensation and Total Rewards is a seasoned human resources and total rewards professional who advises clients on the design, implementation and evaluation of compensation and incentive plans, executive compensation, and total rewards. The manager will also work closely with KPMG's Pay Equity team on pay equity, transparency and equality engagements.
What you will do
- Engage with clients to evaluate, design and implement executive and broad-based variable pay and base compensation programs considering client business objectives, talent strategies, and external marketplace practices.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of clients’ compensation strategy and program.
- Lead client engagement work streams and project delivery activities, including compensation benchmarking, pay-for-performance analyses, financial impact modeling, program harmonization/alignment, and findings/recommendations report deliverables development.
- Provide consulting services on the rewards components of transaction-related engagements, including job mapping, role definition, retention strategy design, pay benchmarking of roles, and alignment of compensation programs in a transaction context.
- Train and mentor other team members on executive and broad-based compensation design methodologies and technical subject matter knowledge
What you bring to the role
- Undergraduate Degree in a related field (e.g., Mathematics, Finance, Human Resources) or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in Humans Resources, Compensation & Total Rewards, or Pay Equity
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the client's business and maintain strong client relationships by being credible and reliable
- Strong verbal communication and group facilitation skills at all levels, from front-line staff to executives, with confidence and flexibility of approach to suit the audience
- Quantitative analysis skills to derive insights from HR data, e.g., diversity, equity in career advancement, retention/attrition rates, pay analysis, etc.
- Ability to quickly adapt thinking and approach to client assignments in the face of ambiguity and rapid changes in the client's and team's understanding of the issues
Keys to your success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.