Manager, Compensation and Benefits Administration
City : Guelph
Category : Full-time Salaried
Industry : *People and Culture
Employer : Homewood Health Inc.
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As our Manager, Compensation and Benefits Administration, you will play a key role in ensuring that Homewood attracts, retains and motivates top talent through equitable compensation and benefits programs
This is a hybrid work from home role giving you great flexibility to combine working in office and from home and is national in scope. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
What you’ll be doing:
- Monitor competitive trends in compensation and benefits, provide guidance and respond to queries on related matters, for both union and non-union roles
- Design, implement and manage the administration of all compensation components, practices and programs nationally
- Complete job evaluations and salary surveys and coordinate pay equity program
- Lead and support the administration of the annual performance management cycle
- Prepare reporting, costing models, analysis and presentations for new compensation initiatives
- Consult on and support organizational design and structure reviews
- Lead annual salary increase program and support implementation of salary changes pertaining to changes in our union contracts
- Manage external relationships with benefits administrators and the annual group benefit renewal process
- Monitor and ensure compliance with changing legal and regulatory standards related to compensation
- Provide direction, guidance, training and supervision to assigned team member
- Serve as a project lead on various compensation, and other HR-related projects, keeping executive sponsors and stakeholders updated
- Identify and implement process improvements and change for optimum efficiency and productivity
- Utilize data analytics to assess the effectiveness of our compensation programs highlight key metrics and identify trends
- Bring organization-wide strategic issues, recommendations and solutions to the table
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or other relevant discipline
- Four years or more in compensation and benefits, with at least one years’ demonstrated leadership or supervisory experience
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Advanced Excel skills, with the ability to develop complex formulas, costing models and analysis of compensation data
- Highly skilled with HRIS to create and refine compensation-related reports
- Current on Federal and Provincial employment laws and best practices
- Strong planning, analytical, multitasking and organizational skills
- Outstanding project management, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build trusted business relationships with both internal and external customers and contacts
- Comfortable and effective in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of payroll systems and their relationship with the HRIS shared fields, tables, data flow and triggers ; experience with UKG platform would be a definite asset
- CEBS, CMS, CCP and/or CHRL designation(s) would be considered assets
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Homewood Health Centre requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.