Manager Commercial Banking Agriculture
City : London, Ontario
Category : Permanent Full-Time
Industry : Advisory services, Commercial banking
Employer : National Bank
A career on the Agriculture team with Commercial Banking specialized groups at National Bank means supporting agribusiness clients in your region with all their financial projects.
As an Account Manager, Agriculture, you will manage a portfolio of clients. You will provide client support, establish lasting business relationships with the agribusiness community, and oversee business development for your region.
• Implement business development strategies to ensure sustained growth for your sector.
• Perform in-depth analyses of your portfolio in order to identify opportunities for advisory offers adapted to clients’ changing needs.
• Establish trust-based relationships with colleagues and collaborate with your team to meet the company’s needs as well as the personal needs of agribusiness clients.
• Negotiate the terms and conditions of agreements with clients while maximizing the desired profitability components.
• Understand the general issues specific to the various production sectors.
• Participate in targeted visibility activities to generate contacts and develop your network.
• Maintain the quality of the loan and deposit portfolio.
Working in the Commercial Banking and Private Banking 1859 sector, you will join a team of professionals specialized in the agriculture industry. You will also be surrounded by an ecosystem of experts to help you offer the solutions that best suit our clients’ needs.
You report to the agricultural vice-president from your assigned region and manage a customer portfolio covering the same region.. Our training programs use on-the-job learning to help you master your role. You’ll also have access to colleagues with a wide range of expertise, experience, and backgrounds to enrich all aspects of your development.
• University certificate OR bachelor’s degree in a related field OR master's degree in a related field combined with relevant experience
• Relevant experience in the field of agriculture
• Experience in business development and client portfolio management
• Credit and banking industry experience, an asset
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic