Manager, Cloud Support
City : Brampton, ON, CA
Category : Information Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Our Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind - connecting Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Together, we are proud to support 30 million Canadians each month through managing a robust portfolio that champions leading-edge technology. We drive large-scale, complex, and high-visibility technology projects and programs that shape the future of technology in Canada and expand connectivity from coast to coast. If you are interested in being a part of this, consider applying for the following opportunity:
As a Cloud Support Manager at Rogers, you will lead and manage a team of Cloud Support Specialists that use leading-edge technologies to deploy and maintain IaaS & PaaS services in a public cloud environment. This is a key role within the Public Cloud team that interfaces closely with other teams that are operating in the public cloud, to ensure a best-in-class customer experience to our business partners and end users. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong focus on collaboration, monitoring, incident prevention, continuous improvements, and an innovative mindset that will lead to operational efficiencies. The candidate must have a strong track-record of leading a team, providing customer and technical support.
What you will be doing...
- Manage and develop a team of Cloud Support Specialists to continuously monitor and maintain cloud applications and services.
- Manage 24/7 on-call rotation, provide escalation support for high severity production issues and help deliver first class service and support to customers.
- Work closely with vendors to ensure platform availability and incident response.
- Lead cloud incidents, RCAs and post-mortems, facilitating Incident and Problem Management to prevent repeated incidents and adhere to agreed service levels.
- Provide insights and recommendations for service or application improvements.
- Lifecycle & patch management for IaaS and PaaS Cloud Services.
- Participate in daily sessions with the larger Cloud team, collaborate with Operations and Engineering to obtain a deep understanding of the Public Cloud usage.
- Develop standards and contribute towards the overall strategy of production support.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical operational issues related to cloud Infrastructure.
- Ensure knowledge of the platforms is accurately maintained and play a lead role in ensuring the transfer across all support staff.
What you have...
- Experience as a client facing hands-on Lead or Manager of Cloud Support.
- Customer centric and realize the value of providing excellent customer service and support.
- Technical knowledge of at least one public cloud provider (Azure, AWS, OCI or GCP) and core understanding of the cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Ecstatic about Public Cloud, and familiar with end-to-end build and deployment processes.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate teams. Exceptional abilities at mentoring and engaging others, empowering your team, and inspiring them to excellence.
- Experience working both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Strong written, interpersonal, and oral communications skills and ability to communicate effectively to senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Knowledge of container technologies (Azure AKS, Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, ECS)
- Strong knowledge and awareness of modern system administration, monitoring & observability, orchestration, configuration management and process management tools (i.e. Azure Monitor, AWS Cloud Watch, Log Analytics, Dynatrace, Zabbix, Grafana, Linux / Windows OS, Apache, NGINX, Git, Ansible, Azure DevOps, Cloud Formation, Terraform, or similar).
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; NFS, key-based SSH; DNS; familiar with basic networking concepts: switching, routing, OSI network layers, firewalls, load-balancing at various layers, SMTP, HTTPS, SSL, SSH, AD
- A solid understanding of programming and scripting languages (Bash, Python)
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 276527
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology