Manager – Climate Change and Decarbonization
City : Toronto
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Working at KPMG allows you to gain valuable on-the-job experience while building your professional network and business acumen. Being part of the KPMG Global member firm of 145 countries and 227,000 professionals, you’ll be part of a high performing team and have access to ongoing professional development and mentorship at every level. You will work with national and global organizations, and be involved in client delivery, firm building activities, and community initiatives. At KPMG, we’ll provide you with the support to drive your own career and discover the countless opportunities available.
Our ESG Services practice is seeking a motivated and high performing Manager to lead the delivery of climate change strategy development and decarbonization, sustainability reporting and assurance services to public and private sector clients across a range of industries.
What you will do
- Assist clients with the development of operational climate risk strategy and quantification of climate-related impacts, target-setting and decarbonization opportunities, Task Force on Climate-Related Finanical Disclosures (TCFD) implementation and disclosures, and greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reporting and assurance
- Assist with environmental and social impact assessments under ISO-14044/67
- Develop climate scenario analysis focusing on asset and portfolio-specific quantitative scenario analysis under the TCFD framework
- Support assurance teams in the delivery of sustainability-related engagements, including sustainability report assurance, greenhouse gas (GHG) assurance, GHG verifications and renewable fuels verification
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills
- Support client relationships and business development initiatives such as conducting proposals, identifying new target clients, and develop “go to market” strategies
- Exhibit leadership and contribute to the professional development of our team by fostering an ‘always learning and sharing’ culture
What you bring to the role
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant climate and ESG experience in industry and/or consulting
- A Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, Sustainability or Business. Candidates with CPA/ pursuing CPA can also be considered, with relevant experience
- Experience in providing climate risk assessments and scenario analysis under the TCFD framework
- Experience in providing decarbonization advisory such as Science-based Targets, Net Zero strategies, carbon abatement opportunities assessment, and renewable energy procurement planning
- Assurance and advisory experience in progressive roles associated with sustainability and/or environmental or greenhouse gas reporting.
- Experience with GHG quantification frameworks (e.g. ISO 14064, GHG Protocol, PCAF).
- The ability to work on multiple or complex projects simultaneously.
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service in the performance of duties.
- Experience with sustainability management and reporting frameworks.
- Experience in assessing climate change related risks and opportunities.
- Experience in developing and managing reporting and communications in accordance with global sustainability reporting frameworks (e.g. SASB, GRI, TCFD, UN SDGs).
- Experience with sustainability assurance standards (e.g. ISAE 3000, ISAE 3410, ISO 14064)
- Professional designation in a relevant discipline (PEng, CPA, MSc, MBA, CFA)
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.