Manager, Client Strategy
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Digital & Ecommerce
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
Advance powered by Loblaw™ drives brands forward. We are unlocking Loblaw’s exclusive purchase pattern data, customer intelligence, and millions of daily connections with shoppers to drive growth for our business partners. Backed by both the country’s leading grocery and pharma retailer, and the nation’s leading loyalty program, PC OptimumTM, we have a unique set of assets to help consumer brands reach customers and grow their retail business more effectively. Our dynamic team bridges loyalty, media, product, analytics, insights and strategy disciplines for integrated planning that empowers our own brands and those of our partners to reach Canadian customers at the right time, in the right way.
At Advance powered by Loblaw, we’re always innovating to stay on the leading edge of a fast-evolving Retail Media Industry. We seek great people who share our principles of authenticity, curiosity, trust, and collaboration. You will get to work with some of the best minds in the industry and have the support of in-house world-class technologies to create solutions our customers will love. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of retail and media. Come help shape this growing business with us!
The Impact You'll Make
A trusted strategic advisor for consumer packaged goods (CPG) brands, ranging from beauty to beverage, pantry to personal care. The Manager, Client Strategy works with our client partners to identify business opportunities and barriers to growth, and recommends the right mix of paid media, loyalty promotions and analytics solutions to drive business outcomes.
Working with in a team “pod” structure, you will collaborate with Account Executives (sales), Account Managers, Media Execution Specialists and other Marketing Strategists to deliver an exceptional level of client service. You specialize in simplifying the complex and advocating for focused marketing efforts, with clear learning agendas.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for development of strategic media recommendations that support annual and campaign planning
- Build omnichannel marketing programs that demonstrate the combined power of Loblaw’s in-store, eCommerce and programmatic media offering, PC Optimum loyalty offers and Consulting Services
- Works collaboratively with sales team, account managers and execution teams to grow client relationships
- Interact directly with clients, rationalising strategic recommendations and helping to grow overall relationship size
- Develops a deep understanding of assigned CPG categories
- Creates relevant business, customer, and performance insights
- Key contributor to "storytelling" in post reports -- ensure key findings/insights are communicated effectively
- Actively maintains JIRA project management software, ensuring proposals, media plans and post reports are delivered within defined timelines
- Manages Media Specialist team members, collaboratively developing and training individuals
- Stays abreast of key changes in the Retail Media industry globally, sharing trends and insights across the team
Does this Sound like You?
- 5-7 years in media planning or marketing (CPG, Retail experience an asset)
- Demonstrated ability to plan large, multi-channel media campaigns
- Experience in client service environment
- Strong grasp of media products in the marketplace (Google, Meta, Amazon, TikTok, Bell, Rogers, etc.)
- Understanding of media trafficking processes, creative specs, ad operations
- Ability to work successfully with teams, balancing multiple projects, and delivering work within agreed timelines (prior project management or account management experience is an asset)
- Continuous learner – student of marketing strategy
- Past managerial experience is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in a related field such as Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or Advertising, or similar
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. At Loblaw, we celebrate diversity and strive to build a culture of inclusion where differences are embraced, valued and supported. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and encourage people from all backgrounds and identities to apply to our jobs. Accommodation in the recruitment, assessment, and hiring process is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.