Manager, Canadian Banking Financial Control
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Finance | Accounting
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
- Assessing the accounting implications of new products and initiatives to enable business partners to make sound decisions. Help team to assess and implement new accounting standards and policies.
- Reviewing monthly actual results and variance analysis. Review quarterly financial disclosures and related variance analysis. Assist in the investigation of financial results abnormalities.
- Assessing financial risk and establish proper infrastructure & processes to ensure financial results are reported completely and accurately and risks are adequately managed.
- Perform timely Balance Sheet reconciliations and attestations, including review of Standard of Documentation (SODs). Perform and update SOX controls, working with both internal and external auditors.
- Assist with a number of data strategy projects and ad hoc initiatives to enhance the transparency and accuracy of the data.
- Assist in automation & streamlining of existing processes and implementation of new processes.
- CPA, CA or equivalent. This mandate is highly dependent on using analytical and financial reporting skills commonly associated with accounting designations
- Strong IFRS working knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to collaborate and obtain buy-ins from multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of retail banking products or willingness and interest in developing that knowledge
- Strong financial and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet with multiple deliverables within a tight timeline
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- 4-5 years working experience, ideally with an audit firm or financial institution
- Strong team building skills and work ethic
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.