Manager, Business Process Optimization
City : Etobicoke, ON, Canada
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Business Process Optimization
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Vaughan, Ontario (moving to Toronto in Spring 2023) – Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Business Process Optimization, Urban Division
Vice President, Business Process and Customer Care
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
The Manager, Business Process Optimization (BPO) will support the VP, Business Process in accelerating Mattamy Homes Urban (multi-family and mixed-use development) division’s growth by leading transformation and business process optimization initiatives across the various functions (Development, Construction Operations, Sales & Marketing, Finance) of the Urban division. Your technical skills, relationship building ability, rigorous customer-focus, and passion for business process optimization initiatives is what will set you up for success in this newly created position.
What you’ll do
- Plan and execute business process optimization initiatives in coordination with the Vice President, Business Process.
- Support the business team on prioritizing projects and initiatives.
- Partner with the Enterprise Services team to launch initiatives that require modifications to existing system applications and implementation of new technology.
- Develop project plans & timelines, garnering buy-in from all stakeholders, ensuring all deliverables adhere to our philosophies and division objectives.
- Understand key deliverables, track project progress, manage meeting minutes and actions that come out of meetings.
- Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to rethink, design, and transform existing and new business processes incorporating a customer-centric focus in every process
- Translate technical processes and information into a structured source of reference material (inclusive of mapping out responsibilities, controls and system needs) to all key areas of the business (Development, Construction Operations, Finance, Sales & Marketing, etc.).
- Apply various methodologies (e.g. Six Sigma, lean) and best practices within the industry to design a 'To-Be' process and strategy that balances customer experience, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Create templates with direction from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from functional areas to be used in their operational processes.
- Implement process maps, user guides, RACI models etc. around core processes (Homeowner sale to close cycle, Procure to Pay Cycle, Warranty Management, Tendering etc.)
- Educate and create awareness of process improvement strategies and methodologies across the organization.
- Document current and future processes – this would include process maps and written documentation.
- Provide and implement solutions to issues arising from business processes and workflows.
- Measure current process defects and identify future state model by seeking innovative solutions through a team collaborative approach.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive work experience in process improvement and documentation
- Excellent relationship/people management skills including the ability to quickly earn the trust of executives, resolve conflicts, deliver tough messages with grace, and execute with limited information/ambiguity
- Change Management leadership experience is required (must be able to prepare, support, and help all employees through organizational changes and adoption)
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management, including experience with Project Charters, RACI models, Processing and Workflow Mapping.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including a proven ability to communicate complex issues and formulate recommendations to senior leaders.
- Ability to manage multiple process improvement projects that vary in size, scope, and complexity.
- Ability to work collaboratively, build relationships, succeed in a team, and work independently.
- Experience in Real Estate/Development or related industry
- Experience building out foundational principles around data governance.
- Experience in the application of architectural principles to business solutions.
- Lean Six Sigma knowledge.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.