Manager, Business Platforms & Experience (Bilingual Spanish) – Toronto
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H 0B4
Category : Financial Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 179757
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
We are a team of product owners/product managers, and this role is the combination of both. The Manager role is accountable for working with cross-functional development teams and business stakeholders globally to define and implement business strategies, product roadmaps, service offerings and new features.
The Manager role contributes to the long-term profitability of the International Wealth Management (IWM) business line by establishing performance goals and work practices which drive the design and development of high-quality end-to-end digital product and user experiences for IWM.
This is a demanding hands-on and strategic role which requires the incumbent to be knowledgeable of the financial services sector, emerging digital trends in the Wealth Management industry, and has in-depth experience collaborating with international teams, especially Pacific Alliance, Central America & Caribbean regions. The incumbent should have the ability to develop a product strategy, business cases and roadmap in collaboration with users, engineering, design, and go-to-market teams.
This role will be focused on acceleration of IWM’s digital transformation, particularly on client facing digital applications i.e. Client Onboarding, Client Portal, Digital Channels, amongst others.
• As a Manager/product owner, your focus is on the creation of added value for our customer and the bank. Your responsibility is the successful and sustainable delivery of your product in collaboration with your agile team and relevant stakeholder groups.
• Taking into account strategic goals, customer requirements and technological developments, you always have the big picture in mind. You drive product vision as well as delivery roadmap and keep the ship on course through day-to-day coordination and prioritization.
• As a leader, you empower your team to work independently and support their professional growth. You always have the well-being of the group in mind and actively develop an environment in which open communication, reliability and joint achievement of goals are lived as core values.
• You will work hand in hand with your Senior Manager/ Product Owner Lead (hiring manager), who is responsible for overall client experience roadmap and strategy while you support the senior manager with delivering product roadmap and strategy that aligns with the global vision.
• Manage communications and status reporting of ongoing initiatives, including summarizing project risks and options and facilitating prompt decisions when needed.
• Support the definition of the overall Wealth Management product strategy for client facing applications and technology roadmap to drive P&L goals for specific Wealth Management capabilities.
• Work with Program Delivery team to formulate costs and funding requests, proposals.
• Lead teams to focus on business value & impact, client-centric model and design thinking. Must have holistic digital, data, analytics, end-to-end, consideration at all times.
What skills do you need?
• You are a proactive team player with experience in an agile environment. You have worked as a product owner, scrum master, or in a similar position. Relevant experience in a startup-like environment is a clear plus.
• You are passionate about developing digital products and you can tie this to specific examples in your resume. Ideally, you have already worked on sophisticated web and mobile apps in the B2C environment.
• Your analytical and structured way of working, as well as your Product management experience, gives you a holistic view of things.
• You have several years of experience in functional leadership, ideally in an interdisciplinary, respectively international setup.
• You communicate confidently in Spanish and English – both written and spoken.
Partner with GWM & in-country technology teams, GWM Operations and other internal stakeholders to enable solutions
• Works directly with business stakeholders to understand business needs and communicate them effectively to the scrum team. Translates business needs into user stories with clear acceptance criteria. Continuously refines backlog and prioritizes items for delivery based on value to business.
• Ensures product delivery is relevant and of high quality, eliminating the need for workarounds. Identifies capabilities, features, value proposition and potential risks for the product vision, working with stakeholders to produce high quality business solutions.
• Communicates progress, elicits feedback and enables stakeholder reviews for validation. Manages engagement with stakeholders and effectively communicates product release features and expected product capabilities within the customer journey.
• Plays a leadership role in the scrum team, working closely with their scrum master to ensure that product features are delivered on-time and aligned to business stakeholder expectations.
• Attends agile ceremonies (e.g planning sessions, stand-ups, retrospectives, iteration reviews) and other team meetings in order to provide necessary guidance and verify that the output of the delivery team is consistently delivering business value and aligned with the agreed upon commitments.
• Creates and communicates product roadmaps for the delivery team. Works collaboratively with other Product Owners and Scrum Masters within the larger team to ensure business objectives are aligned and consistency in delivery. Support the team by being available to provide clarity required to complete detailed user stories.
• Act as primary reviewer and approver of finished development work during demos/reviews based on established acceptance criteria. Facilitates problem solving as required, working closely with the delivery team on implementation changes.
• Coaches team members and creates an environment that lends itself to self-organizing activities. Identifies and manages business activities (training, communication) required to support agile initiatives. Thinks strategically beyond in-scope scrum activities, providing innovative ideas to challenge or extend current product vision.
Identify opportunities & champion ongoing best-in-class business transformation/ innovation
• Define, lead and execute a cohesive digital CX strategy designed to limit technological debt and to effectively manage transition from segregated platforms to global platforms adoption, while modernizing technology stacks & digitalization workflows. Work closely with in-country leads and partners to effect execution quality and success.
• Maintain an understanding of financial services markets, the competitive landscape and digital transformation trends relative to the Wealth Management sector and client/user needs and requirements.
• Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of both the Bank’s and the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions, services and support to the end user business lines.
• Work with partners on technology architecture reviews (ARB), ensure solutions are globally aligned (build-once, multiple re-use). Escalate on any misalignment or act as advocate on why in-country solution is mandatory.
• Work with partners on business architecture, operating protocols, vendor management, technology adoption, contract negotiations.
Core / Foundational
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Create an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Contribute to a high-performance environment and motivates by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing and development planning for the team.
• Supports International Wealth Management, including Wealth Distribution & Trust, Asset Management & Pensions at head office, and collaborate with respective teams globally to ensure alignment and execution success of in-country transformations.
• Design thinking and product lifecycle knowledge
• Strong communication & presentation skills.
• Engineering mindset.
Education / Experience
• Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals, delivery digital products and increase digital adoption KPIs
• Relevant working experience in the financial sector, Wealth Management experience an asset, ideally in client facing technologies
• Critical thinking skills: using logic and reasoning to evaluate alternative solutions, summarize conclusions and approaches to mitigate risks
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with business and technology partners globally
• Understanding of the regulatory environment and parameters impacting the design and deliveryof products and services within the Wealth Management industry
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.