Manager, Business Operations & Enablement
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Digital & Ecommerce
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
Manager, Business Operations & Enablement
Advance powered by Loblaw™ drives brands forward. We are unlocking Loblaw’s exclusive purchase pattern data, customer intelligence, and millions of daily connections with shoppers to drive growth for our business partners. Backed by both the country’s leading grocery and pharma retailer, and the nation’s leading loyalty program, PC Optimum™, we have a unique set of assets to help consumer brands reach customers and grow their retail business more effectively. Our dynamic team bridges loyalty, media, product, analytics, insights and strategy disciplines for integrated planning that empowers our own brands and those of our partners to reach Canadian customers at the right time, in the right way.
At Advance powered by Loblaw, we’re always innovating to stay on the leading edge of a fast-evolving industry. We seek great people who share our principles of authenticity, curiosity, trust, and collaboration. You will get to work with some of the best minds in the industry and have the support of in-house world-class technologies to create solutions our customers will love. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of retail and media. Come help shape this growing business with us!
The impact you'll make
We are looking for a strategic Manager, Business Operations & Enablement, to implement the right processes and practices across the organization. The successful candidate will work with various departments in the department, from sales, client services, strategy, finance, loyalty, and marketing. They will help create long-term plans and initiatives to accomplish Advance's goals efficiently while working on go to market processes that drive incremental business year over year.
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain operational processes to support changes in the business.
- Drive clarity of roles and responsibilities across teams in order to increase operational speed and agility.
- Partner with operational functions across Loblaw - working proactively to ensure alignment and understanding of priorities.
- Develop the forums, processes and principles necessary to increase the speed and accuracy of campaign and program launches.
- Develop and drive communication tools and rhythm for go to market updates, directed at sales and client services.
- Ensure functional learnings and operational best-practices are shared and leveraged across functions.
- Oversee governance of media and non-media lines of businesses to ensure that internal teams and external teams adhere to best practices and rules.
- Project management and special project support for sales and client services initiatives
- Lead projects around process innovation, and proactively seek new opportunities to evolve our business model and practice
- Finding solutions for non-compliance and updating processes to drive further adoption
- Evolve internal processes to enable dynamic and agile execution of campaigns
- Understand the detail to develop workflows and ensure there is a smooth process that has minimal manual steps
- Identify opportunities to create efficiencies between all teams
Does this sound like you?
- 4-6 years of experience in advertising/marketing, communications, media, or a related role
- Strong analytical and operational capabilities
- Strong understanding of Digital Marketing and Retail Media industries
- Exemplary time management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate and bring together different views, personalities, goals, needs and helping different stakeholders find business alignment and growth
- Ability to synthesize and aggregate knowledge, systems and rules into a point of clear process and express it effectively
- Proficiency in JIRA, Salesforce, Confluence
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
- Ability to multitask with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to tight deadlines
- Highly collaborative and strong relationship management
- Retail experience
- Strong analytical / computer skills – Excel, ERP systems, and the ability to extract information into user friendly formats
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and detail
How you’ll succeed
At Advance powered by Loblaw we seek great people looking for that unique opportunity to help shape the future of a growing business. We believe great people model our values -- are authentic, build trust, and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of media. You will get to work with some of the best minds in the industry and will have the support of extraordinary technologies to craft products our customers will love. Come be part of the media revolution happening in Canada!
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and partners expect of us.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.