Manager, Business Intelligence and Information Management
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
RBC Regional Banking Support’s Retail Data Infrastructure Management is hiring a Manager, Business Intelligence & Information Management role that will support strategic reporting and visual insights for Retail Banking by successfully managing the implementation of changes to the ETL system processes and enablement of data pipeline job executions, enforcing proper data management governance, and maintaining the data infrastructure components and tools.
The incumbent plays a critical role in driving and enabling strategic, timely, and accurate insights to business partners and senior leaders in Retail Banking, leveraging business knowledge, strong collaboration with key technology partners and enforcement of sound governance practices to maintain the integrity of and to protect our data assets.
What will you do?
- Leads the scheduling, implementation and deployment of ETL jobs, support of BI tools and management of infrastructure components of Retail Reporting Team that underpins our delivery of business metrics and field reports.
- Responsible for development & production of metrics and reports that provide insight into the health of the infrastructure component.
- Support strategic initiatives to modernize and improve use of BI tools to maximize business values and processing efficiency.
- Conduct thorough investigations, identify cause of any production issues and resolve them.
- Monitors, tests, analyzes, actions and communicates all system upgrades and migration to ensure full functionality and no business impacts.
- Identify gaps in existing governance model and lead its change management with manager support.
- Act as subject matter expert on existing infrastructure and associated tools and processes, including but not limited to SQL Server, Teradata, Tableau, ThoughtSpot, Unix/Linux Server, Data Lake.
- Supports business partners and stakeholders by successfully transforming data into useful, relevant information, and by leveraging sound business knowledge, additional sources of information, and resources to deliver insight to our internal clients.
- Acts as key subject matter expert both within the team and cross-functionally, on key performance measurements, data repositories and provides insight developed through comprehensive analysis.
What do you need to succeed?
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Engineering, related field or equivalent related experience.
- Demonstrated ETL and big data modeling capabilities, with programming experience in large databases/datasets and using SAS, SQL Server and Teradata SQL Assistant.
- Experience in statistical methods, strong data profiling, cleaning, and mining.
- Proficient in SQL extracts in order to investigate data from data warehouse and other sources (flat files) for investigation/analysis purposes.
- Ability to perform complex data analysis on large volumes of data and present findings to senior leaders in order to inform of strategic decisions.
- Proven quantitative analytical (including data knowledge, data discovery, data aggregation and summarization) and problem solving skills.
- UNIX knowledge (i.e. submit process, create logs, store data, file systems and access management).
- Advanced in developing reports using Tableau.
- Skilled in Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Expert technical documentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
Nice to have:
- Financial Services Industry/Business Financial Services knowledge
- Experience in developing performance metrics/reports
- Programming/coding skills in Python, Snowflake and Hadoop (HIVE)
- Working experience in GitHub, and data management applications such as Collibra and Tableau Metadata.
- Experience with Tableau Security and Tableau Server Administration.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and take on progressively greater accountabilities
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.