Manager, Asset Servicing – Claims Management
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1J9
Category : Business Operations Specialist
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 182556
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Manager, Asset Servicing – Claims Management - Toronto, ON
Requisition ID: 182556
“Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.”
Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) is a leading Canadian Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a growing platform in the US and Latin America, operating globally for over 100 years. Scotiabank’s strong U.S. presence provides our clients an important bridge to this key global market for trade and investment flows across the Americas and the world.
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Be part of an innovative, Global Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a unique geographic footprint that puts capital to work for our clients across industries! We work together to drive ambition for every future!
What You’ll Do
- Drives and enhance a customer focused culture throughout the team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Ensure operational efficiency of the Income Processing is maintained at a high level in accordance with approved policy and procedures by; organizing, prioritizing, and supervising workflows, and deploying staff accordingly, monitoring work in progress, providing direction / follow up as required; checking/authorizing various components of income transactions as assigned; monitoring outstanding payments due from depositories/issuers/financial institutions.
- Assisting in the implementation of new processes/ systems as required; identifying challenges and pursuing opportunities to improve processing efficiency; solving problems of an unusual nature including identifying the root cause of the problem and what is required to prevent a recurrence.
- Ensure a high level of customer service is provided to all business lines, Scotia Capital Inc., Wealth Management; (ScotiaMcLeod / Scotia ITRADE; Scotia Trust & Custody Services and Prime Brokerage Services by ensuring that all transactions are completed in an accurate and timely manner; responding promptly, accurately and professionally to inquiries from internal/external customers; providing technical expertise and specialized assistance relative to Income Processing.
- Effectively assist to develop the team by ensuring a high degree of productivity and providing ongoing monthly coaching feedback and ensuring appropriate training/cross training is provided as required and/or available; assist with the preparation of performance appraisals.
- Assist with managing related risk and minimize losses by reviewing and sign off the team’s work; ensuring effective procedural and management controls in place are followed. Ensure the team is following escalation procedures for any potential losses; challenging/reviewing existing procedures to ensure adequate controls are implemented.
- Provide ongoing assistance to the department manager by reviewing and ensuring the control accounts are updated and or cleared daily to avoid outstanding items from getting aged. Train and cross-train other team members when required and providing support with each other’s functions with volumes and projects and perform any ad hoc functions/sundry duties.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high-performance environment and assist with implementing a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates the team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviors, communicating vison/values/business strategy.
What You’ll Bring
- Over 5 years Asset Servicing industry experience/knowledge
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course is recommended
- Completion of the FINRA Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) and Series 99 Operations Professional courses required
- Expert knowledge on Income Processing, stock borrow loan transactions, fail trades and various market entitlements compensations (trade date vs settlement date market)
- Strong knowledge of related processing systems related to entitlement processing which includes various Broadridge products including ADP, Dividend Re-Write, DTC, CDS, Clearstream, BNP, Citi, HSBC, Escape, AS400, OnDemand (COLD)
Work Arrangement: This position is currently a Hybrid role. Please note that this is subject to change based on the needs of the business.
At Scotiabank, every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are and, embraced for their differences. That is why we work to grow and diversify talent and engage employees in a performance-oriented culture.
What's in it for you?
Scotiabank wants you to be able to bring your best self to work – and life, every day. With a focus on holistic well-being, our many flexible benefit programs are designed to help support your unique family, financial, physical, mental, and social health needs.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.