Manager, Assessment & Testing Services
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 6426-RG:Testing & Assessment
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
- Master’s degree in Education or a related field and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of related work experience in an educational institute. Experience related to testing and assessment preferred.
- Five years of experience leading and supervising staff in a unionized setting.
- Experience with establishing and overseeing education and certification-level training for staff to meet specific requirements.
- Experience in the application and analysis of data-based systems, preferably at a post-secondary institution, including proficiency at an intermediate level with Banner or similar student records enterprise resource planning systems.
- Teaching experience at a post-secondary level is an asset.
- Experience facilitating accessibility accommodations is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current theories and practices in post-secondary testing and assessment.
- Knowledge and experience with collective agreements and working within a unionized environment.
- Proven ability to build, manage and provide leadership to cohesive teams.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with office and testing hardware and software. Ability to train others, ensure compliance, troubleshoot, source, and implement new technology
- Demonstrated understanding of legislation as it relates to testing administration, information security, and confidentiality of student data.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, effectively, and cross-functionally across levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability in negotiating and establishing contracts with community partners.
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive relationships with community partners.
- Knowledge, skills, and disposition to develop and maintain strong business acumen, work ethic, and professional integrity when representing the university.
- Excellent planning and resourcing skills (e.g., scheduling and space allocation) and ability to prioritize, self-manage and be proactive.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain an annual budget, reflecting revenue generation and balanced operational expenses.
- Ability to produce financial reports and performance data statistics to measure productivity and goal achievement to determine areas needing cost reduction or process improvement.
- Demonstrated time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Intercampus and community travel is required, possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is preferred.
click here for a more detailed job description
The compensation range is the span between the minimum and maximum base salary (as listed above) for a position. Approximately halfway between the minimum and the maximum represents an employee that possesses full job knowledge, qualifications and experience for the position. In the normal course, employees will be hired, transferred or promoted between the minimum and approximately halfway of the salary range for a job. Annual salary increases are available through participation in the Administrative Performance Management program
Why Join KPU?
- Recognized as one of B.C.'s Top Employers
- KPU is committed to actively fostering an equitable and inclusive working environment
- Competitive compensation
- Hybrid environment, flexible work around core hours
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan – College Pension Plan
- Extended Medical, Dental, Healthcare Spending Account, Sick Leave, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Optional Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Emergency Travel Assistance, Employee and Family Assistance Program, Teledoc
- Professional Development Days: up to 10 days paid per year
- Maternity and parental leave top-up
- Generous vacation package
- Campus work environment, outdoor sitting areas and nearby walking trails
- Campus athletic and fitness centers with a variety of instructor-led classes
- Tuition waiver program – eligible to waive tuition costs of courses at KPU equivalent to 3 credits per semester
- Inhouse training and development
- Networking and social events such as KPU Day, Holiday Social etc.
- Intercampus shuttle
- Access to automotive, horticulture, brewery and other programs’ services
- Clubs: Jeopardy, Toastmasters, E-sports, Ted Talks etc.
- Library and Bookstore (discounts)
- **Benefits may vary if the position is temporary or part-time**
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.