Manager, AML FIU (Commercial Banking)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Audit | Compliance | Legal | Risk
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
What is the opportunity?
As a Manager (Canadian Banking) within the AML Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) Investigations team, you are the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on AML Investigations and work with the team members as a mentor. You will be involved in the implementation of the training in the Unit by mentoring staff and provide ongoing coaching and feedback on investigations and reports related to cases reviewed by staff in addition to completing your own investigations. You will determine whether sufficient suspicion exists of money laundering, financing of terrorism or other criminal activities, to justify making a report to the Regulatory Authority.
What will you do?
- Act as a SME to provide specialist advice, guidance and direction to team members on money laundering, financing of terrorism and related issues
- Assist the Senior Manager with implementation of the training program for the team to ensure understanding of what is required in the role and processes are followed
- Plan, conduct and complete risk based investigations into matters identified from media scans, transaction monitoring, as well as Unusual Transaction Reporting via internal partners
- Maintain accurate records of all investigative actions and decisions taken
- Ensure that all material and information obtained is treated in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements and RBC policy
- Gather information/intelligence from all available sources, in order to determine whether sufficient suspicion of money laundering, financing of terrorism or other criminal activities exists
- Prepare relevant reports as required including documentation in support of any action proposed based on the results of investigations
- Promote and adhere to RBC’s policies and guidelines on Code of Conduct, Personal and Professional Development, Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, Data Protection and Information Security
- Work with the Global AML-FIU Investigation Team and other FIU partners to ensure that investigations are conducted within defined timelines and are escalated in accordance with policies
What do you need to succeed?
- AML background in Canadian banking
- Strong investigative and analytical skills for the purpose of reaching reasoned and sound conclusions with arguments that support the decision reached.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to gather, assess/evaluate and present complex information in a simple and concise manner.
- Time management and organizational skills in order to manage workload and ensure established benchmarks are met.
- Experience providing coaching and feedback
- Background/experience within the finance sector
- ACAMS Certification
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Job SkillsAnti Money Laundering Training, Business Perspective, Communication, Decision Making, Financial Regulation, Interpersonal Relationship Management, Operational Integrity, Organizational Governance, Process Management, Strategic Thinking
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.