Manager, AI and Machine Learning
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 168147
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The role Manager, AI and Machine Learning, AML/ATF Models and Analytics is responsible for applying sophisticated statistical and AI/Machine Learning technique to develop and implement better models and solutions for Transaction Monitoring, Payment and Name Screening and Client risk Rating.
This role contributes to the overall success of the Global Risk Management’s AML/ATF team by ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives, and ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Apply sophisticated modeling techniques, including AI and Machine learning, to develop and implement innovation models and solutions for the Bank's AML program.
- Research and understand the latest advances in AML/ATF analytics and predictive models to a wide range of products and services across the enterprise customer base in order to continually enhance the model performance for AML/ATF and ABAC models
- Participate with, the model development teams to scope, understand and appropriately document AML/ATF risk, develope and update statistical approaches with longer term strategies to mitigate this risk and improving the model performance across products and services globally
- Contribute to the development of optimal AML/ATF strategic alternatives by identifying and presenting opportunities for the effective deployment of analytics for AML program
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Assist the team in ensuring all procedures and practices are complied with regulatory and internal requirements
Skills / Experience
Experience with statistical modeling and data science methods
Experience programming in Python, Scala, R and C++. Experience with databases such as Oracle or SQL Server
AML/ATF (including ABAC) experience or analytical knowledge
Master’s degree or higher in science, technology, engineering or mathematics
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.